Chapter 33 (Year 4)

River's POV

"Has anyone asked you to the Yule ball yet?" I asked Daphne and Pansy as we sat in the library.

"Theo asked me," Daphne turning red, as she pretended to scan her textbook. 

"Well, I will be going alone, because Blaise asked Luna," Pansy said, shrugging as she fiddled with her quill. 

"Aw, I'm sorry, Pansy," I said. 

"It's okay. She wasn't into girls anyway; well, I don't think so I mean." She said, putting her head down. 

"Well, then you can just come with me, if I don't say yes to someone," I said, Pansy's head shot up.

"No!" She yelled, making the librarian shush us. 

"What why not?" I asked, startled. 

"Because we can't, you need to have a date, not a friend," Pansy said, shaking her head at me, as if I should know that already.

"Yeah, exactly and I know someone who's just dying to ask you," Daphne said.

"Really who? I want someone that I know to ask me. I can't keep rejecting people the dance is so soon." I said.

"Um, I don't know? Did I say something?" She said, covering her face with the book she had been pretending to read. I looked at Pansy who had been glaring daggers at Daphne.

"What is going on with you two?" I asked,

"Nothing, why? Did Blaise say something? Because it wasn't true," Pansy said, looking startled.

"No, why? You two are just acting weird," 

"Oh, no were not, just Yule ball nerves," Daphne said, giggling.

"Oh, okay," I said, looking back up at my book.

"Wait what did you do to Blaise?" I asked,

"Nothing!" They both shouted. 

---

"River!" Fleur called, as she spotted me coming out of the lirbary with Cedirc. Daphne and Pansy told me they'd see me in the common room, as I walked up to them.

"Oh, hey, Fleur, Cedric," I said.

"Have you figured out what the egg dose?" Cedric asked, I shook my head,

"No, I haven't really thought about it," I said. They both stared at me like I had just said the craziest thing they've heard.

"Well, I mean I've thought about it a little, I just have other things on my mind," I said,

"Like what?" Cedric asked,

"Like a date for the Yule Ball," I said. They nodded, understandingly.

"Who are you guys taking?" I asked,

"Oh, I'm taking Cho Chang," Cedric said.

"I'm taking Ro-"

"FLEUR WILL YOU GO TO THE YULE BALL WITH ME!" We heard someone shout interrupting our conversation. We turn seeing a red Weasley, he stood there uncomfortable, the realization of what he did, hitting him now. His sister ran up to him, grabbing him by the arms. 

"Let's go, Ron, let's go," She said, I chewed on my bottom lip not to laugh, as she dragged him away.

"That was interesting," I said,

"That was hilarious," Cedric said, laughing, shaking his head at Weasley.

"Anyway, you should take a bath with it, the egg I mean," Cedric said.