Fresh meat

*Camilas P.O.V*

People always say "an empty pool, makes a happy swimmer." But truth was I hated it, I hated the feeling of lonliness, the lack of someone there to push me harder, the missing encouragement from my coach.

I shook my head, letting air bubbles escape from my nose and travel around my face to the waters surface. I had been swimming in the lonely pool for over 2 hours now and was currently on my cool down laps. Summer training was getting tiring without a swim buddy, but luckily season started in 3 days. I shut my eyes for a second and smiled. 3 days till season, I trained all summer for the goals I wanted to accomplish... My name on the record board, taking a relay to states, an idividual at states. I worked my ass off all summer and now my real season was finally here.

I pulled myself out of my happy thoughts and opened my eyes. A hand at the end of the lane apeared in the water waving back and forth trying to get my attention. I squinted at the hand to see it better, it wasn't my dads. Then it hit me, the blue bracelet, it was Lukes. I mentally rolled my eyes and just to piss him off, I flip turn agaisnt the wall where his hand was, forcing my feet to make a big splash. I smiled to myself as I heard mumble cursing from above, but my smile dropped as he started to call my name.

"Cam!" He shouted trying to get my attention, "Cam! I know you can hear me, Camila!"
I corksrewed onto my back and flipped him off before returning to my freestyle stroke for the rest of the 25. At the wall I finaly stopped swimming. I took off my googles to see Luke walking toward the end of the lane, his clothes a bit damp from my agressive flip turn.

"Your dad wants you out of the pool Cam, something about you meeting with the freshman." He stated his voice alittle bit on the unhappy side.
I took a drink from my water bottle and looked up at him, I only shook my head yes showing I understood him before I started taking off my cap. I watched while Luke grabbed my training set paper on the kick board and read it, at the same time I pulled myself from the pool and gathered my stuff.

"There is no way you can handle this main set?" Luke said still reading the set paper.
I snatched it from his grasp and put it under my arm, all while giving him "the look".

"I can actually, for your information. " I stated a bit agitated, "Why are you even here?" I asked, just know realizing no one else was supposed to be in the pool area but my dad and me.

"My dad had to talk to your dad. Something about the 2022 recruting, trust me I wouldn't be here if I didn't have to be." He explained. Understanding I shook my head and made my way to the lockeroom only to be stopped by Lukes voice again.

"You going to visit some fresh meat huh?" he questioned, "I might just make an apearence." A mischievous smile planted on his lips telling me he was up to no good.

I turned quickly to look at him.
"Don't you dare go around and messing things up with my freshamn, Spyri." I stated trying to remain calm.

"Why shouldn't I Westphal? No ones stopping me, who knows maybe she'll be cute." I rolled my eyes at that statement making sure Luke could see me roll them before I entered the locker room. I shut the metal door with a bang hoping to get my point acrossed that I wanted him gone.

Turning on the showers I let the warm water wash away my disgust, I'm not sure why Luke pisses me off, that's a lie. I do know why. He screws my freshman, we fight all the time, in constant battle for the fasted time, plus he's a sexist body shaming jurk. But when the hate actually started... I have no idea. One day we both just, kind of, snapped. Plus, Im pretty sure I annoy him just as much as he annoy's me.

With a loud sigh I eventually turned off the shower and got dressed. Time to go meet the freshman, Zoey Sanders, a hella good breaststroker. And pray Luke doesn't come and try to hit on another one of my freshman.

*Hey little fishes, so the first chapter is kind of bad, but it will get better I promise. Vote and comment. Just keep swimming and i'll see you next chapter*

Word count: 776