10

*Peter's mother shot him a confused look

"What do you mean, sweetie? I just wanted you to look nice for the big event that's all. And besides, I'm pretty sure that Sophie will be wearing something just as nice. Don't you think?" She asked him.

*Peter rubbed his chin a little and thought

Peter:"Oh. Well, I didn't think about it like that. Welp, thanks a bunch mom, time for bed!" He said before dashing off to try and get to his bedroom before his mom could stop him.

*Which was then, Peter's mom hopped out of her seat at the table and rushed to the door quicker than her son ever could. She stood in front of the door blocking the way so he couldn't leave the kitchen.

"Oh no you don't little man. You're not going anywhere until You try on this suit. I just want to make sure that it's the right size." She told him.

-Peter's mom knew that she had made the suit the correct size. She just couldn't resist the image of her own little boy in a snazzy tuxedo.

**Time Skip to one day before the dance**

-Today was starting out to be a great day for Peter. And so far, everyone was talking about how cool and fun the school dance would be. And of course everyone had someone that they were taking to the dance with them. All except for Peter.

-Of course he figured that Sophie would be going to the dance too, but it was technically 'girls ask guys' for this event. And so far, Sophie hadn't asked Peter if he would go to her to the dance yet. At this thought, Peter was starting to worry that she wouldn't ask him.

-Sorry for the short chapter. Things have been running pretty slow lately.-