6

-Later on the next month, which happened to be December, snow fell all around the city and the degrees would drop until the outside world became a walk-in freezer. But despite everything, Peter's mom had told Sophie's mom about the situation with their two children and both mother's had agreed to come together this month so both kids could have more time together.

-So today was your typical winter evening and Peter was sitting on the couch in his home watching cartoons, while his mom  was in the kitchen washing dishes, when suddenly a knock came to the front door.

*Peter heard the knock and asked his mom if he could answer it.

Peter:"Hey mom, can I get the door?" He asked her.

"Sure sweetie! If it's a stranger let me know, okay?"

Peter:"Okay mom!" He said getting up to open the door.

*And greatly, to Peter's surprise, it wasn't a stranger at all. it was someone very famililar to him.

"Peter!" Sophie squealed as her best friend opened the door. She then launched herself at him, thus giving a very tight and loving embrace.

Peter:"Wha-? Sophie?! Oh my gosh, this is so cool, what are you doing here?" He asked her while they hugged.

Sophie:"What do you think, silly? Me and my mom are staying with you and your mom for the holidays! Isn't it great?" She asked him with excitement as they broke their hug.

*Peter stopped and thought for a moment. With the holding of their hands, Sophie and Peter looked into each other's eyes. And as great as it was, Peter's mom told Peter that she and Sophie's mom had arranged something for them both, but never, in Peter's entire life, would he had imagined something so.....amazing. His best friend was coming to stay with him. Even if it was just for the holidays. This was the best day of Peter's life. And he wouldn't have it any other way.

Peter:"Why, yes. But this isn't just great, it's amazing! I'm so happy to have you, Sophie." He told her with a smile.

*Sophie blushed a little at how happy her friend was to see her.

Sophie:"Oh Peter. I'm happy to have you too." she told him.

Peter:"Yeah. So, would you like to watch cartoons with me?" he invited.

*Sophie smiled.

Sophie:" I'd love to." She told him.

-And so, both mother's watched as their kids sat on the couch and spent time together.