"I'm sure you guys managed." I roll my eyes, shaking my head.

"Why the hell would you want to spend time with that ugly, annoying, dickhead?" Tommy asks in disbelief. "His ego! He thinks he's better than everyone else! 'Tommy, I know Rosie better than you do, I can help'." He starts to mock in a nasally voice, screwing his face up in disgust.

"Yeah, well, fuck him." I say, cracking my knuckles and stretching out my shoulders. "He always thinks he's in the right for everything. It's exhausting." 

"He's coming back today." Wilbur reminds us, and Tommy and Tubbo groan.

"Wait what?" I say, snapping my head to look at Wilbur. "No no no not today." I'm not ready to face him, and have to look at the hurt and sadness in his eyes that always seems to be present whenever we interact. 

"There's going to be a debate, between POG and SWAG, in the courthouse. He's making sure we're aware of the treaties and the rules, so nothing breaks out." Wilbur explains. "You can hide, but he's going to want to visit you, and we figured out pretty quickly that we can't stop him." 

"A debate?" I question, my curiosity piquing. 

"Quackity, George, Tommy and I are going to debate policies and our plans for L'manburg tomorrow." Wilbur starts.

"I'm moderating!" Tubbo interjects excitedly. 

Wilbur nods, and continues. "It's off L'manburg land, so Dream's going all control freak." 

"That's awesome Tubbo!" I say sincerely. "Sounds like a shit show, me and Niki will probably stay here. I'm not dealing with control freak Dream."

"He's your boyfriend." Tommy interrupts bluntly. I glare at him. 

"Ex-boyfriend." I correct. 

"So that's why he's been here pretty much every day to check on you." Tubbo adds, both of them grinning evilly at me. 

"Ok, first of all he's clingy, that's not my fault, and secondly, why are you two ganging up on me?" I defend. "I'll still kick both your asses." 

"Yeah because someone who can't reach the top shelf can beat me." Tommy says smugly, with a wide grin.

"Can't reach the top shelf!?" I repeat outraged. "For your information, you gangly, freakishly tall stick insect, I'm not short, you're just a genetic abnormality. So are you Wilbur."

"Don't bring me into this!" Wilbur says, raising his hands up, palms facing out.

Tommy opens his mouth, no doubt to screech at some ungodly volume about being a strong man, when I knock at the van door shakes us all. 

Fuck. 

I swap a wide eyed look with Tubbo, clenching my fists and taking in a deep breath. Even though I'd rather run away into the forest and never return, I know deep down that I owe it to Dream to explain to him. 

"I'm just gonna check on Rosie before we talk, I think I can get her out today." Dream says loudly,   popping his head in the doorway. I can see him freeze when he looks at me.

"Rosie?"

"Hey Dream." I say. He's still motionless, stuck on the spot. I go to him, grabbing his hand and leading the dumbfounded man out of the van and back outside.

"You're out of bed?" He asks, voice small, his large hands cupping my face, pads of his thumbs pressing on my cheek bones. 

"Last night." I smile, placing my hands over his, clutching at his fingers. "I'm back again."

I can see the tears slide out from under his mask, and I can feel my fragile heart threaten to shatter again, guilt sinking its familiar weight back into my stomach. I feel so ashamed of how weak I was. 

He pulls me into his chest, tangling his fingers in my hair, resting his cheek on the top of my head. I let myself sink into the safe familiarity, smoke and apples swirling in my nostrils. 

"Welcome back." He laughs through his tears, voice thick with emotion. We break apart, right hands still linked together between us. He pushes the mask onto his forehead with his left hand, face red and puffy, green eyes vivid in the pool of tears.

"I missed you." He smiles.

I fill the corners of my mouth lift slightly. "I missed you too."

--------

A/N I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get this chapter out. I re wrote it a bunch of times and it never came out right. I'm kinda disappointed by it, it's mainly filler and boring but I thought I needed to get something out. I also just got my nails done and typing is extremely difficult lmao it took me so long to just write this chapter. 

Anyway, things are going to get more intense in the next couple of chapters as the parties start to get more competitive, and we may meet a new person...I guess we'll see.

Sorry its a shitty chapter , I promise I'll be back on track soon, I'm just in a greyish area in transitioning from the first plot point to the election. 

Thank you all for your support!

Oopsies x