"I know," she met his eyes, sliding her fingers through his with a gentle squeeze.

"I'll always love you too, by the way, if you were waiting for me to say that," he leaned to press a gentle kiss against her cheek.

"Hmm, you said that when I left," she whispered, lifting her hand to his cheek.

"I meant it."

She leant forward, capturing his lips with hers as her fingers slid into his hair, their lips moving slowly together as he moved above her, her legs moving either side of him. His lips pressed back against hers instantly, his hands moving to her waist and she melted against his familiar touch. Her fingers twisted in his hair, holding him in place as they continued to kiss, gasping softly as his hands moved under her shirt.

"Brian," she murmured against his lips, starting to lift his t-shirt up his abdomen.

"Mer," he breathed, their lips parting a moment as he lifted off her shirt, only for their kisses to continue with an increased intensity once they were both shirtless.

"Please, I... I want you," she gasped again as his hands moved over her ass, pressing her hips up against his.

He responded by pulling her up closer against him as his lips moved down her neck and she wrapped her legs around his waist. He groaned slightly, lifting her so they were sat up on the couch, his lips moving back to hers as he held her close. Being with him just felt comfortable, and right, and familiar. That's what she needed right now.

****

She slowly started to wake, turning toward the warmth beside her with a soft groan. She grabbed at the blanket, pulling it over her head. She didn't want to move. She didn't want to get up. She just wanted to stay in bed all day.

She frowned, squeezing her eyes tighter shut as she felt the blanket being pulled from her. She grabbed at it again, pulling it back to her as she heard Brian's chuckle beside her.

"Why are you hiding?" he murmured, trying to take the blanket back again.

"I'm not hiding," she grumbled, turning away from him and curling up on her side, realising she was only wearing his shirt.

"Pulling the blanket over your head is hiding," he sighed softly, moving closer to her and running his fingers through her hair.

"I'm just staying in bed today," she mumbled, closing her eyes again with the intention of trying to go back to sleep.

"Meredith," he sighed softly.

"What?"

"Don't do this."

"Do what?"

"Turning away from me, shutting me out."

"I..." she sighed softly, turning to look at him, "I'm sorry."

"You don't need to apologise," he brushed her hair out of her face.

"I just want to stay in bed," she murmured as she shuffled over in the bed closer to him, grabbing the blanket from him.

"Can I stay in bed with you?" he asked, wrapping his arms around her as her head lay on his chest.

"Yeah, that'd be good," she whispered with a nod.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he murmured, gently squeezing her closer.

"I'm just... I'm tired," she sighed softly.

"Go back to sleep, baby."

She felt his lips press against her forehead as she closed her eyes, willing for sleep to take her again. His hand moved lazily over her back as she focused on his soft breathing, matching it with her own.