Chapter 12.

Hello. 

Time for the results of...

THE QUESTION THINGY!!!!!!

Answer(s): Atlantic, Pacific, Arctic, Southern and Indian

The First Person to Answer Correctly: MysterySee

Now on with the chapter!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tell me when it's over," Thalia said. Her eyes were shut tight. The statue was holding onto us so we couldn't fall, but still Thalia clutched his arm like it was the most important thing in the world.

"Everything's fine," I promised.

"Are... Are we very high?".

I looked down. Below us, a range of snowy mountains zipped by. I stretched out my foot and kicked snow off one of the peaks.

"Nah," I stated. "Not that high,".

"We are in the Sierras!" Zoe yelled. She, Grover and Percy were hanging from the arms of the other statue. "I have hunted here before. At this speed, we should be in San Francisco in a few hours,".

"Hey, hey, Frisco!" Our angel shouted. "Yo, Chuck! We could visit those guys at the Mechanics Monument again! They know how to party!".

"Oh, man," The other angel responded. "I am soo there!".

"You guys have visited San Francisco?" I asked.

"We automatons gotta have some fun once in a while, right?" Our statue wondered aloud. "Those mechanics took us over to the de Young Museum and introduced us to these marble lady statues, see. And-".

"Hank!" The other statue Chuck cut in. "They're kids, man,".

"Oh, right," If bronze statues could blush, I swear Hank did. "Back to flying,".

We sped up, so I could tell the angels were excited. The mountains fell away into hills, and then we were zipping along over farmland and towns and highways.

Grover played his pipes to pass the time. Zoe got bored and started shooting arrows at random billboards as we flew by. Every time she saw a Target department store - and we passed dozens of them -  she would peg the store's sign with a few bullseyes at a hundred miles and hour.

Thalia kept her eyes closed the whole way. She muttered to herself a lot, like she was praying.

"You did good back there," I told her. "Zeus listened,".

It was hard to tell what she was thinking with her eyes closed.

"Maybe,". She responded. "How did you get away from those skeletons in the generator room anyway? You said they cornered you and Percy,".

I told her about the weird mortal girl, Rachel Elizabeth Dare, who seemed to be able to see right through the Mist. I thought Thalia was going to think that was crazy, but she just nodded.

"Some mortals are like that," She said. "Nobody knows why,".

Silence followed until I spoke up.

"Well, Percy found the girl a bit annoying," I said. "But I'm glad he didn't vaporize her. That would've been bad,".

Thalia nodded. "Must be nice to be a regular mortal,".

She said that as if she'd given it a lot of thought.