Chapter 11.

Hello everyone!

Time for the results of...

The QUESTION THINGY!!!!

The Answer: Mrs. O'Leary

The First Person to Answer (correctly): MysterySee

Now on with the story!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the edge of the dump, we found a tow truck so old, it might've been thrown away itself. But the engine started, and it had a full tank of fuel, so we decided to borrow it.

Thalia drove. She didn't seem as stunned as Zoe or Grover, or Percy, or me.

"The skeletons are still out there," She reminded us. "We need to keep moving,".

She navigated us through the desert, under clear blue skies, the sand so bright it hurt to look at it. Zoe sat up front with Thalia. Asteria and I sat in the middle. While Grover and Percy sat at the back, leaning against the tow winch. The air was cool and dry, but the nice weather seemed like an insult after losing Bianca.

Percy had the little figurine. I just couldn't. I don't even know what to tell Nico.

I wanted to believe that Bianca was still alive somewhere. But I had a bad feeling that she was gone for good.

"It should've been me," I said. "I should've gone into the giant,".

"Don't say that!" Grover panicked. "It's bad enough Annabeth is gone, and now Bianca," I sighed.

"Zoe understands why I should've gone," Everyone looked to Zoe.

"Alexis, even if you had gone. She was still too close, she would've been hurt by the falling pieces,".

"...".

"Alexis,".

"I still think I should've gone,".

"UGH! You're such a baby sometimes," I felt a little smile cross my face. Maybe, just maybe, things will get better.

~~~

The tow truck ran out of fuel at the edge of a river canyon. That was just as well, because the road dead-ended. Thalia got our and slammed the door. Immediately, one of the tires blew.

"Great, what now?"

I scanned  the horizon. There wasn't much to see. Desert in all directions, occasional clumps of barren mountains plopped here and there. The canyon was the only thing interesting. The river itself wasn't very big, maybe fifty meters across. Green water with a few rapids, but it carved a huge scar out of the desert. The rock cliffs dropped away below us.

"There's a path," Grover stated. "We could get to the river,".

I tried to see what he was talking about, and finally noticed a tiny ledge winding down the cliff face.

"That's a goat path," Percy said.

"So?" Grover asked.

"The rest of us aren't goats,".

"We can make it," Grover reassured. "I think,".

I thought about it, I'd done cliffs before. But I never really liked them. Probably because they were all covered in poisonous spikes and other dangerous things. 

I then looked over at Thalia and saw how pale she got. Her problem with heights... She'd never be able to do it.

"No," I said. "I, uh, think we should go further upstream,".

The First Goddess Alexis - Heroes of Old and Newजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें