Chapter 16: Field trip

Start from the beginning

"In the package should be all the food and necessities he'll need, love Taiyang."(Yang)

She then put the canister vertically again and a bunch of cans of food dropped out.

"I'm sure that Zwei has a can-do attitude!"(System)

'System...I swear to fucking go-'(Kenji)

"What are we supposed to do with all those?"(Weiss)

"Well that settles it, c'mon girls let's go!"(Yang)

With that Yang walked out while Blake leaped away. Weiss left while saying a few final words to Zwei. Ruby lingered behind a bit. She then got a smug face.

"Ruby...don't do it..."(Kenji)

"You can't stop me!"(Ruby)

"Sigh" (Kenji)

With that we left the dorm with a special guest in Ruby's bag. When we reached the amphitheatre, many students huddled around the stage on which Ozpin was standing on. When I entered I saw Ozpin's eyes narrow slightly at me. I smirked.

"What are you so happy about?"(Ruby)

"Oh nothing, just excited for our first mission..."(Kenji)

I then let another sentence slip out.

"I haven't done one in a while..."(Kenji)

"Huh?"(Ruby)

"Sorry, was talking to myself..."(Kenji)

"Oh.,."(Ruby)

The microphone then ringed out and silenced filled the place. Ozpin the began his speech. Again.

"Today we stand together, united. Mistral, Atlas, Vacuo, Vale...the four kingdoms of Remnant. On this day 80 years ago, the largest war ever in recorded history came to an end. It was a war of ignorance, of greed and of oppression. A war about more than when borders fell or who traded with whom. But it was about the very idea of individualism itself...we fought for countless reasons. One of which being the destruction of all form of art and self-expression and as you are aware that was something many could not stand for. As a result, those who oppose this tyranny began to call their children after the aspects of oneself. Colour. It was their way to demonstrate that not only would they refuse to tolerate this oppression but neither would the generations to come."(Ozpin)

"And it was a trend that is held to this very day. We encourage individuality, expressionism and unity through diversity. As I have said, today we stand together which is why today, while the other parts of the world celebrate peace, huntsmen and huntresses will work to uphold it. As first-years students, you will be tasked with shadowing a professional huntsmen or huntress. Some of you may be taken out of the kingdom for several days. Others may work in the walls for the rest of the week. But no matter which path you choose, remember to be safe, remember your training, remember to do your very best and remember to uphold peace."(Ozpin)

The crowd erupted into claps. I must admit, the speech was good but not as good as some other generals I've seen give before.

Soon after the speech, team RWBY and I made our way to the mission selection screen. There were many search and blah blah missions.

"This is perfect! We are going to be shadowing huntsmen and huntresses for the next week!"(Ruby)

"Yeah, we'll follow them around by day and give them the slip at night!"(Yang)

"I don't think we should attack the huntsmen or huntresses Yang."(Kenji)

"What? No you dummy the grimm!"(Yang)