It was crazy to see him interacting with a girl without any intention to fuck. He was feeling guilty as I was for hiding the truth from Gaia. He began with his school days when he played rugby and how he managed to take care of his hair while travelling. Gaia was thoroughly invested in his exaggerated tale, as he was the only source of entertainment for her. I left the room a number of times to check with my men as they were dealing on the outskirts of New York. We still had less control over there. When we were having lunch, I was notified that the shit had hit the fan. Ruslan could have gone in my place on my behalf. But he needed this, moreover, Gaia needed human contact.

When Gaia was in the bathroom, I spoke to Ruslan. "I have to go. If anything happens-"

"Don't fucking say it!" He glowers.

"Don't become an emotional fool, Ruslan. You are sovetnik, you fucking follow my orders. Keep her busy till I come back. If Dad comes, hide her in the panic room." I ordered him.

Gaia emerged from the bathroom and left a quick kiss on my cheek. She looked ecstatic to find me leaving. Ruslan may look like a lover boy, but he is nobody's fool.

 Ruslan may look like a lover boy, but he is nobody's fool

The elevator doors slid closed at a cinematic high speed. Like a vamp in the daytime shows my mother used to binge, an evil grin spread across my face as I pivot toward my prey, munching on a granola bar with no care in the world.

"He is gone. Time to have some fun." I exclaimed, clapping my palms together.

Ruslan gulped dramatically, closing the lapels of his leather jacket hiding his chest. Motherfucker!

"Fuck off, Mikhailov's spawn, I want a Xbox." I huff, perching my hands on my hips, levelling him with a mean glare.

"He doesn't have one." he shouts back, stuffing his mouth with the pasta now. My stomach rolls at the sight. He just bit into a granola bar.

"He really didn't have a proper childhood." I say, rounding the dry bar to come opposite of him.

He chuckles, his lips parting as he was going to say something.. tell me the first story about Kazimir's childhood that registered his mind. But his lips snapped shut. The famous Mikhailov wall slowly closed down on his expression. I wanted to slam my fist on the table in frustration. I had him. He was going to say something.

"Even Valerius likes to play Xbox. And he is a grumpy old man." I casually throw, rolling my eyes, chuckling unnecessarily so he would feel that I was just generally speaking earlier. It backfired on me because his face became more closed off. Almost regretful.

He strode towards the sink, threw the bowls in, and walked towards the balcony. My eyes bugged out upon seeing the bright sun after so fucking long. My ego bruised to follow him like a kicked puppy. He doesn't want me around. But fuck this narcissistic bastard. I want answers and feel the warmth of the sun.

I sauntered outside and spun under the sunlight. I was pale as a ghost and always hated being in the sun. The warmth danced across my skin. Ruslan's warning brought me back to take a sit in the lounge chair, under the Roman parasol. He steadied me when I bumped into the table, as my vision had darkened from being in the sun.