n i n e

Scarlett De Lugo, Christmas Eve

It was Christmas Eve; Remus, Dora, Andromeda, Ted, my family and my group of friends came over for dinner. My mom was helping me cook dinner for everyone. "You think this is done?" I asked as I opened the oven, revealing a chicken.

"Darling, calm down. Its not ready yet." My mother shook her head. I sighed and closed the oven. My mother walked out. I turn around to see Sirius leaning against the door frame with a smile on his face. He walked over to me and engulfed me in a hug.

"Dinner will come out perfect. Stop stressing." He whispered reassuringly, wrapping his arms around my waist. Sirius looked up and laughed lightly. I looked at him confused.

"Mistletoe, pup." He leaned his forehead against mine. "Kiss me." I obliged to his order, leaning up and pressing our lips together. Butterflies erupted in my stomach. We both smiled into the kiss as we parted our lips, moved our heads and continued to kiss. We finally pulled away, gasping for air.

"You're amazing." He pecked my lips one more time and headed to the living room to hang out. My mom and I finished making dinner; my friends help set up the table and we all sat down. Everyone complimented our cooking as we ate.

"So Scarlett, how long have you been living here?" Andromeda asked as she ate.

"About six months." I replied with a smile. Soon we finished dinner and my friends and I cleaned up the table. Andromeda, Ted and my parents and sister left. My friends, brother, Sirius, Remus and I decided to go smoke.

"Luca's been asking about you." Sage spoke as I was rolling a joint. I looked up at her with a raised eyebrow, then to Sirius who's jaw was clenched. I simply shrugged as I continued to roll. Sirius wrapped his arm around my shoulder and watched what I was doing.

I placed the joint against my lip and licked it; sealing the joint closed. Making sure it was secure; I placed it in between my lips and lit it. I inhaled the smoke and exhaled; repeating the process twice. I handed the joint to Sirius.