t w o

Scarlett De Lugo

Scarlett De Lugo

Its been a few weeks and The Ministry has already been taken over by Voldemort. My friends, parents, brother and I have been helping my sister with her classes since she had to be pulled out. I was sitting at the table in Sirius' home; looking down at the plate my mum made me.

"Are you not hungry, my love?" My mother stood next to me; placing her hand on my shoulder. I looked up at her a noticed a frown on her face. I hated upsetting my mum; especially when I don't eat her food.

"I haven't been hungry, but I'll eat a little bit for you, mum." I forced a smile at her. These past few weeks since Harry's funeral have been hell; none of us are working, which makes my parents extremely stressed. My parents have talked about working in the muggle world for now to save up some type of money for the time being.

As I started eating; Sirius and my father came downstairs; Sirius glanced at me with a sad smile and sat next to me, at the head of the table. My father placed a kiss on my head and sat across from me as my mother set plates down in front of them.
My siblings soon entered the room.

Everyone started eating; on the other hand I still couldn't eat. I just kept moving my food around the plate; staring at it. I felt someone stare at me and look up to see Sirius; staring at me worriedly.

"So, we'll be staying at the Weasley's safe house on the Outskirts of Tinworth, Cornwall, England. They were hesitant at first about giving it to us; but since we have no other place besides here, its our second best option. The death eaters will find out that we're here, its too obvious for us to stay here." My mother announced.

"We'll be leaving tomorrow." Muttered my father. I got up and emptied my dish; placing it in the sink, I went upstairs to the room I was staying in. I received a letter from Aubrielle; which I was excited about. I ripped open the letter and read it

Dear Scar,

I hate to burden you like this but since You-Know-Who has taken over; I'm making my parents flee the country. I want to go with them but I can't leave you, Sage, Bradley and Armani. You guys are family to me. If theres any chance I can stay with you that'd be amazing. I hope to see you soon.

xo, Aubrielle

I looked at the letter; tears filling my eyes. I sighed; angry with myself. I'm so sick of crying; I've never been this emotional before ever. I heard a knock at the door and quickly wiped my eyes away. I walked over to the door and opened it; revealing Sirius.

"Are you alright? You haven't been eating the past few weeks." He walked in as I sat down at the edge of the bed.

"Yeah, just stressed. Uhm—. My friend needs a place to stay. Since she's muggleborn; she has no where else to go." I looked up at him.

"Well, she can stay here.. As long as you stay here with me." I looked up at him surprised he asked me to stay. I've only known him a few weeks and he wants me to continue living here.

"Besides, I need help cleaning and redecorating this place."I smiled at him. Sirius made feel safe in this moment.

"I'll just tell your parents your helping me clean. Tell your friend she can come over." He left to go downstairs as I grabbed parchment and a quill to write to Aubrielle.

Dear Aub,

Sirius said you can stay at the Order Headquarters with us. We do have to clean and redecorate; this place is ancient. The Address is 12 Grimmauld Place, Islington. See you soon.

xo, Scarlett

I put the paper in an envelope and called my family owl over and told him to send it to Aubrielle.
I went back downstairs to help Cassie with school work that Mcgonagall sent her.

"I heard you're going to be staying here for a few days. Are you sure you want to?" Armani asked, sitting on the other side of me as I watch Cassie.

"Yes, I'll be fine. Aubrielle will be staying as well; he lives alone and he has no one. He only had Harry and he's gone."

"I'm just making sure he's not forcing you. Besides he has people in the order." I rolled my eyes at my over protective brother.

"Well, the people in the order have lives to live and can't worry about him."Sometimes I hated how my brother treated me; like I'm a child that can't make her own choices. There was a knock at the door; I got up to get it. I opened the door to see Aubrielle. She walked in and I helped her with her bags.

My parents were already at the Weasley's safe house; Armani and Cassie packed their bags and apparated there. Aubrielle, Sirius and I planned on going to a muggle furniture store; thankfully I made the decision to get my license when I turned sixteen. The three of us got into my father's car and drove to the store.

When we got there; we looked at the different style furniture. Sirius looked lost; like he never shopped for furniture before. "Is there anything that catches your eye, Sirius?" I asked. He looked at me with a comforting smile.

"Truthfully, I have no idea what I'm even looking at." He chuckled nervously. I smiled at him as we looked at some modern furniture. He placed his hand on the lower part of my back as we walked; almost protectively.

After at least two hours of looking we bought some things; couches, chairs, dining room table, and end tables. My dad and brother ended up coming back with Bradley and Remus to help us with the things we bought. I parked the car and look over to see...Luca? Talking to my brother?

"What's he doing here?" Aubrielle asked.

"Who?" Sirius looked around confused.

"My ex." I answered staring straight at him. Luca was staring straight into my eyes. I did my best to ignore him.

"We should go to another store to look at wallpaper, you don't have to come though. Okay?" I placed my hand over Sirius'. He nodded his head and left my car. Aubrielle quickly got in the front seat and I drove away before Luca could speak to me.

We got to the store and decided on  an Indicolite color wallpaper; a kinda pastel blue. Something to make the house seem brighter. We quickly paid and went back to Sirius' home; luckily all the furniture was moved into the house and My dad, Armani and Luca left.

We walked in to see the furniture and it looked perfect. Remus was still here so he helped us take down the painting and wallpaper. I was struggling to reach some of the wallpaper; I felt a pair of hands on my waist. I turned to see Sirius.

"Let me help you, love." Once we finished cleaning and setting up the wallpaper; we sat down in the den area.

"Thank you for helping me." Sirius smiled at Aubrielle and I.

"You're welcome, now what would you like for dinner?" I asked Sirius and my best friend. They both agreed on a pasta dish and I started making it. I ended up making Penne Ala Vodka. Aubrielle set up the table as I placed the pasta on the table. The three of us sat down and began eating.