𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 50

I saw the broad castle, and it was hovered by a dark cloud.

"Is this the kingdom of Marianth?"

My uncle nodded and approached the doors.

The guards immediately stopped him at the very bottom of the steps.

"Do not mind him," a blonde man with glasses said from behind them.

The guards parted for him to walk through.

He grinned, "Oridan."

"This ends here Izekial. You have one warning."

"Threatening a prince in his own kingdom? Have you gone mad?"

My uncle drew his sword, holding back every ounce of rage, "You've threatened a man's family. Burdened his niece. Killed his own son and nephew. Cursed the blood of his future generations...and you ask him if he's simply gone mad?"

Izekial's eyes widened and Oridan picked him up by his neck, "Now I'm not sure if that's enough to make you crazy, but you've chosen the wrong man to play this game with."

The guards rushed over to Oridan immediately, and Lionis threw needles into all of their eyes.

I watched as they cried blood, and I held my stomach, trying not to vomit.

I heard my uncle laugh for the first time and tears were falling down his cheeks uncontrollably, "Don't ever mess with my family."

Izekial was struggling to fight back, doing his best to not tremble with fear.

My uncle squeezed his neck tighter, "Want to know what happens when you do?"

Izekial spat at him, chuckling, "Die, r-right? How is miss Auri-"

Oridan shoved him to the ground and before I could tell him to stop, his sword sliced Izekial's head clean off.

Adonis covered my eyes from behind as blood rushed out of Izekial's neck and severed head.

"How interesting. I never really liked the man myself," I heard a feminine voice coo.

I took Adonis's hand away from my eyes to see Phaedra.

She smiled, looking at the lot of us, "Your group seems smaller than I remember-"

Oridan rushed over to her and he immediately fell to his knees, untouched.

She snapped and chains came out of the ground to bind his wrists.

"Aww..." she ran a hand underneath his chin, "I'm liking this little shave. Almost forgot how good you look. Guess it's true when they say some men only get more handsome as they age."

"I will kill you!" he screamed.

I had never seen my uncle so emotional before.

"No," she whispered to him, "but you can watch me kill them."

Lionis jumped onto her back unexpectedly, holding a knife to her neck.

She was shocked, "A child...able to get this close to me?"

She threw him off her back and ceased his movements in thin air, "Now who are you?"

Lionis turned his head as she tried to pull off his mask.

Her long silver nails almost cut it loose, but she froze in an instant, gasping lightly in shock.

"You're a traitor," she laughed.