𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 36

The crowd gasped when I pulled away from Adonis's lips.

His eyes opened and he began to panic internally. I smiled and stood, reaching my hand out for him, "There isn't any need to hide anymore."

Adonis took my hand and stood beside me.

Everyone stared holes into both of our souls. Without his armour, they would have thought of him as a prince, but since he wore it, there was no lie to tell about who he was.

"Is there an explanation for this?!" A woman asked from the crowd, and the rest of the guests began to roar amongst themselves.

"There is," I said over them all, and Adonis held your hand tighter.

"I will not be choosing a prince at all tonight."

They all gasped and I smiled, letting go of Adonis's hand, "Would you do the honors, my love?"

Adonis nodded and I walked down the many steep stairs until I reached the ballroom floor.

The crowd parted for me and I had made it to the center, spreading my arms.

I saw them all look at me in horror as Adonis drew his sword. He sliced the dress off of my back and it fell to the ground, revealing my warrior attire underneath.

"She's gone insane!" A man said.

"Does she realize what she's doing?!" A woman shouted.

"This is outrageous!" another one yelled.

My father tapped his gold cane on the polished floor, "Silence! All of you!"

The crowd fell into a deep hush, as anything did when my father demanded something.

All I heard was the clacking of his boots. I didn't want to look up at him when he stood next me.

"What did you do? All the guests can't seem to disregard this action," he whispered.

"I kissed Adonis and slashed my dress."

"Do you have o-"

"Yes."

He sighed and rested an arm around my shoulders, bringing me into his side.

He wasn't angry?

"You're going to baby her for these actions?!" A person roared.

"You should be ashamed as a father!" Another yelled.

"I am your king!"

They all got quiet again and I saw a tall man staring at me from the front of the crowd.

He looked similar to Aaron, but I could tell it wasn't him, due to his deeper tan skin and lip rings.

He bowed before walking away, and I noticed the dark crown on his head. Was he a prince?

"Either enjoy this ceremony with my daughter or leave!"

Everyone quickly began to talk amongst themselves and the orchestra started up again.

"Thank you father," I whispered, finally looking up at him.

He nodded, "If you wish to leave, do it now. Their anger will only cease for so long."

I hugged him, trying not to cry, "I'll miss you."

He pulled me away from him and tilted my chin up, "It's time to fly butterfly. Make me proud."

"I will."

He smiled and patted Adonis's shoulder, "When you both return, I'd be more than glad to call this young man my son inlaw."