𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 4

I was currently walking through the fountain garden alongside Kyle

I was currently walking through the fountain garden alongside Kyle. He was such a funny boy. I didn't think I'd be able to smile so brightly tonight, but I was quickly wrong.

"Yes, of course, I took my mother down with me. When I say she was upset, I mean she was furious."

I giggled, draping my arm through his, "Poor piggies."

He smiled with a certain sadness in his eyes, "That farm was the only thing my father ever enjoyed."

I looked at him, "Why are you referring to the past? Does he not find it favorable anymore?"

"He's dead."

"I...I am sorry. Shouldn't have asked."

He titled my head up with his finger, "Princess, I am telling you this so that you can have all of me. No secrets. No barriers. No lies."

I blinked repeatedly and we both stopped walking. The soft water falling throughout the fountain filled my ears with the light sound of wind.

He reached behind me to pick a white rose from the bush of many flowers, placing it into the side of my hair.

"Kyle..."

"You are a sight for sore eyes, princess Lessi," I watched him get on one knee and take my hand.

I was about to say no, but then he kissed the surface, frowning as he said, "Don't pick me."

"What..?"

He bowed his head, "Forgive me, but I am not ready to be a proper husband. I am still so boyish and you deserve a ready man."

Of course I didn't want to marry, but his opinion of himself bothered me. If anyone, I'd want him to be by my side, he felt more like home.

I shook my head as he stood, "What is wrong with boyish? That does not take away from anything."

"It still makes me a prince not fit to be king."

I looked down and he tilted my chin back up, "I wish you wouldn't look to the ground so much princess, it saddens me."

I looked at myself through his hazel eyes. He was so sincere and possessed a warm heart. I admired his honesty.

"You don't want to marry anyway, right?" he asked suddenly.

"How did y-"

He laughed, "My sister had the same look when my mother told her she had to marry."

"Did she find anyone?"

"Eventually, and they are quite happy together. She eats buckets of potatoes without being judged. He gets to spar without feeling unworthy. They are both themselves and they feel loved. If that isn't the best form of marriage, then I don't know what is."

I looked up at the full moon, "What would you call this best form?"

"One that's true."

True...?