3

Edward ran outside to make sure Fawn was ok after what Bella said to her

Edward ran outside to make sure Fawn was ok after what Bella said to her. When he gets outside and sees Fawn sitting on the stairs of the house, he immediately feels bad and walks over to sit beside her and grabs her hand to caress it with his other hand. Tears trickled down Fawn's face making him more upset at Bella for what she said to his mate. He couldn't believe how much Bella had changed since he dated her and he was beating himself up over it.

"I'm sorry about Bella. She's never like this." Edward tells her shaking his head

"It's alright. She doesn't bother me." Fawn tells him

She wiped her face with her sleeve as he looked at her curiously as he knew that it really did bother her. It became automatic that he could read her emotions, since he was stuck with eternity with her as his.

"Then what got you upset?"

She sniffled and looked at him, "When she mentioned my parents, it caused me to think back to what happened. I think you should know about them."

Edward looked at her confused as to why she was entitled to tell him the story. He could wait until they got to know each other more, since he didn't want her to think she had to tell him.

"What? I don't want to force you to tell me."

Fawn placed a hand on his shoulder, "I want to tell you. I feel like I can trust you on this."

Fawn moved a bit to be comfortable as a breeze blew by making her shiver, which made Edward notice and wrap his jacket around her shoulders which Fawn smile in thanks.

Fawn sighed, "You know what I am, right?"

Edward nodded, "Yes. Carlisle told us about your kind and how you might be the last of your kind."

Fawn nodded lightly, "He's right. I'm the last of my kind. My parents were Foxens. They never met each other at all until graduation. They looked into the eyes of each other and immediately knew they were meant to be. They ended up dating, to married, to parents, to alphas of a Foxen pack, to death. Foxens get tortured and experimented on where I come from. However, my parents didn't die that way."

Fawn looked down making him look at her with curiosity at her last sentence.

"What happened to them?"

"Werewolves." Fawn tells him vaguely

He looked at her with shock, "They killed them?"

Fawn nodded, "One morning, my parents woke me up saying that I needed to leave. I kept asking why but nothing. I then heard growling in our village. Werewolves. They were fighting my pack, my family. We were losing. You see, Foxens are a lot smaller than the Werewolves. Werewolves can easily take us down. My mom forced me to run away, and I did. I then heard my mom and dad screaming in pain. I looked over my shoulder one last time and saw their dead bodies on the ground. The Werewolves then started chasing after me. Leading me here."