2

Fawn ran out of the school, not looking back once, into the woods in a rush

Fawn ran out of the school, not looking back once, into the woods in a rush. She phased and ran into the woods as she couldn't believe she had imprinted on someone. No, not someone, a vampire and she didn't know how to process everything. She had no one to talk to about all this as she was the only one left of her kind. She ran into the woods, not knowing what was close by.

Foxen

Edward stood in the living room pacing as his family watched. Everyone told Carlisle and Esme about what happened today, and they were curious as well. Carlisle was skimming through a book to find what he needed to help them.

"Found it!" Carlisle called out

Everyone turned to him and Edward stopped pacing as Carlisle stood up and looked at everyone who was either sitting or standing. Edward looked at his father figure as he was impatiently waiting to figure out what his mate was.

"She is a Foxen. They are a rare species of shifters. However, her kind is known for being around vampires."

Jasper looked at him with unsure written on his face, "So she's on our side?"

Carlisle nodded, "Exactly. I believe that she may be the last of her kind. Foxen's have been tortured and experimented. She was lucky she came here before she was killed."

Edward looked at his foster father with curiosity, "Why did she run?"

Carlisle looked at him and began to explain, "Foxens are known for their secrecy, and never once did they trust easily. You have to gain her trust before you can actually talk to her."

Alice then receives a vision and sends it to Edward's head to inform him it was Fawn running in the woods in her Foxen form. Edward darted out of the house to find her as he was waiting for a long time to find her.

Foxen

Fawn ran towards a pond and shifted back into human form. She sighed and crouched down and cups water in her hands. She brings it to her mouth and takes a sip as she wasted a lot of stamina running away from her imprint. She hoped she ran far away enough for him to not follow her.

"Isn't that salty?"

Fawn shoot her head up to look at the vampire that was her mate, who she knew would find her with his abilities. She rubbed her wet hands on her jeans as she stands up to look at him.

She shook her head, "No. It's actually great."

"Really?" Edward asks with a raised eyebrow.

Fawn nodded and gestured to the water, "Don't believe me, test it out yourself."

Edward smirked at her and crouched down and cupped water into his mouth. He silently gagged at the vile taste in his mouth, being a vampire means he can't eat or drink human food. He stands up and looked at her and saw her smirking making him smirk back.