OJIRO

The following morning Ojiro woke up completely exhausted and he knew the rest of his classmates undoubtedly did as well. He remembers how everyone walked to their separate rooms with disturbed faces.

Ojiro remembers the awkward ride in the elevators with Tokoyami.

------------

"Tokoyami do you- do you think the lifeline will like people with mutant quirks?" Ojiro asks quietly, messing with his fingers.

Said bird boy looked at Ojiro blankly. Ojiro feels the familiar anxious and awkward feeling brewing in his stomach and making it's way up his neck. He looks away and starts to fidget harder. He didn't think Tokoyami was going to answer him until the bird hums a thought.

"I think if they weren't they wouldn't be given our class. I know there are people out there who don't like mutant quirks."

Ojiro's tail falls slightly, he knows this too. They're often shamed and laughed at, it's extremely hard to get jobs in the acting or modelling business. That is unless you have cute cat ears or something, but people with mutant quirks like that are often oversexualised and are at high risks of rape.

"But it is a high end school, like ours is for hero training, theirs is for the lifeline support course. I'm sure the staff will be aware of this and choose someone who is into people like us, that is if we say yes of course."

The serious way in which Tokoyami spoke made Ojiro nervous. He doesn't know what to say. 

"Um- yea. Well... I just kinda want to meet them, maybe be friends you know?"

Another painful pause suffocates the air in the elevator. At this point Ojiro's punching himself, why did he always have to make things awkward? Tokoyami didn't look like he wanted to talk with him.

"They're not there to make friends." The bird says in a tone Ojiro had never heard him use. 

The doors ding and Tokoyami walks out, leaving Ojiro to watch after him as the doors close and the elevator continues its journey up.

He sounded....upset?

------------

The blonde shakes the memory from his head, quickly getting dressed. He knows he has to make his decision today and recite it to Mr Aizawa. He's both scared and excited. 

In his mind he knew there were many doubts but it wasn't a hard decision to make once he heard how much the pros said it would do for them. And even if it doesn't work out he can make a new friend at least. He just hopes he wasn't too boring for them. He hopes they won't ignore him, or not see him. Sometimes he feels like he's more invisible than Hakagure. 

He forces the thoughts from his head, they'd filled his head all night and stolen any chances of sleep, he thought he'd got them out of the way. Guess not.

I hope Bakugo made something yummy this morning. 

Much to Ojiro's surprise, there're pancakes stacked on plates along the bench when he finishes his descend down the stairs. He isn't complaining though. Maybe he tried to make something nice because it's a stressful morning... that doesn't sound like Bakugo at all.

Said boy seems to notice all the thankful and puppy eye looks he's getting because he scoffs, taking a plate for himself which he doesn't usually do.