MIDORIYA

It's now the morning after the lifeline issue was introduced and Izuku found himself up to ungodly hours of the night. He was up until late just thinking about the lifeline program, though he's sure everyone else was too. At least Ida and Uraraka.

Last night Midoriya tried to start a conversation about it multiple times, but every time his friends would get flustered and he would too. Uraraka accidentally made herself float twice and Ida nearly broke his glasses because he pushed them up his face so hard. But Izuku desperately needed advice, he was completely torn.

He sighs as he gets up, scratching his stomach lightly. He's used to the rock hard muscle that's there now, a month or two ago he'd get startled when he'd wake up and feel abs instead of skin and bone. He's grateful, not only does it help him in hero training, it boosts his confidence too.

Maybe the lifeline student will find me attractive?

Izuku blushes faintly at his own thoughts, grabbing his uniform from his wardrobe and pulling it over his head. Once the clothing is on properly he catches glance of his bed, the covers half thrown off and one pillow at the foot of it.

He wonders if they chose to go in with with program, will he wake up with them beside him some mornings? Some mornings, will he be in the same situation as now, but instead leave the dorm with someone he cares about sleeping in? Will he get to watch as they wake up? Will I love them?

Maybe Kacchan will make them breakfast too. Maybe Izuku will get to carry them down the stairs if they're still sleepy.

But maybe they will hold you back.

Izuku frowns at the empty bed and is quick to make it so he doesn't have to think about it anymore. They're only there to help with sexual relief, they'll probably leave right after they have sex anyway. That is what Izuku keeps trying to convince himself, that he would prefer for them to just leave.

Before coming to UA he cut himself off from potential romantic relationships, he just didn't have time for them if he was going to be a pro hero. They would be a distraction and he wouldn't be able to give them the time that they'd need in a relationship. He was aware of this so he ban himself from them.

But this person was trained, specifically for pro heroes. Izuku had never had a relationship like that before, he'd never had a relationship period. But he wasn't stupid, he was both observant and self aware. He knew he had a high sex drive and he knew this could benefit him. But along with being self aware he knew how he would feel.

He would fall for them and they would only want him for sex. Now that is not something Izuku wants, he knows it'd destroy him emotionally and set back his path to becoming a pro hero. That isn't a risk he was willing to take.

Izuku sits down on his bed heavily. "What would All Might do?" A light bulb goes off above his head.

He needs to go see All Might and get his advice. If anyone knew what to do it would be his mentor; plus, Aizawa said they all had a lifeline when they were in high school. So he would have an educated opinion.

After their normal morning routine, getting a plate of food from the bench, (Bakugo made bacon and eggs this morning) he drank some juice before beginning in his journey with Uraraka and Ida.

Izuku glances briefly at both his friends. They seem deep in thought, eyebrows creased and stares directed at the path in front of them. Izuku doesn't mind though, it gives him more time to think himself. What was he going to ask All Might?

The classes pas by in an absolute blur and Izuku tries his hardest to concentrate on his classes but it seems no one could. Thankfully all the teachers seem to know about the big decision they have to make and let it go, though it doesn't stop Izuku from scolding himself internally.

His performance is already slipping just thinking about them. I don't even know them yet, maybe this is a bad idea after all.

Finally, the Lunch bell startles Izuku from his English class with Present Mic. "You're dismissed yo! Have a good lunch and remember to do your homework on the past participle, yeah!"

Midoriya is quick to pack up his bag and start walking to All Mights office.

"Midoriya-kun! Where are you going?"

Said boy turns to his friends, seeing the both of them waiting for him by the classroom doors. With a sheepish smile, his hand rubs the back of his neck.

"The cafeteria is this way Midoriya-kun," Ida says, chopping his arms in robotic motion to the left of the hallway, the opposite of where he was going.

"I'm going to see All Might, you two go on without me. There's some things we need to discuss."

His two friends nod at him and he's thankful when they don't ask questions and instead walk to the lunch hall. Though he suspects they knew what he was talking about seeing as Uraraka went red and Ida walked away stifly.

The walk to All Might's office was peaceful. As Izuku went to knock on the door All Might opened it for him before he had the chance, beaming at the presence of his favourite student.

"Young Midoriya! To what do I owe the pleasure?" All Might invites Izuku in and he sits down in the couch without a second thought. He has spent many lunches in this office with the pro hero, so he was comfortable now.

Izuku sighs for what feels like the millionth time today and starts to fiddle with his fingers.

This was a very awkward topic for him to talk about. Openly discussing weather he should have a sex buddy? That's something he isn't comfortable with, but he pushes aside the embarrassment. His future as a pro hero is more important.

"I-I. It's just- I'm not sure about the whole..." Izukus face is beet red. He's been thinking about what to say all day but now that he's here he doesn't know how to start.

"Ah."

Looking up Izuku sees All Might with a blush on his cheeks, something Izuku never thought he'd see in his lifetime. This only makes his more embarrassed.

"S- sorry All Might, it was in appropriate to come to you about this. I-"

"Nonsense Midoriya. I am glad you trust me enough to ask for guidance, what are your concerns?" All Might sits across from his protégé, hands clasped together on his lap.

This is embarrassing to talk about.

"As you know, I'm really serious about becoming a hero, All Might. But with this whole lifeline thing I'm not sure how it'll help. Being in a relationship is something that I don't have time for and I'm worried it'll be a distraction." As he speaks Izukus words get quieter and quieter, and by the end of his sentence he's whispering.

"Ah, yes. I see where your coming from young Midoriya... though a lifeline is there to help rid you of distraction. Their whole job is to take distractions away so you can focus on your hero work. I think you'd find yourself more focused if you did have a lifeline."

The green haired boys eyes widen. He didn't think All Might agreed with the idea of a lifeline judging from the way he eagerly left the classroom the day before.

"Do- do you think it's a good idea?" He asks timidly.

"Listen Midoriya, every boy has... needs. And- and girls too!" He adds frantically, his blush deepening. "And I know from both experience and knowledge that if- if those needs aren't met. It can heavily effect your improvement."

Seeing the confused and weirded-out look on his students face the number one hero sighs.

"What I'm trying to say young Midoriya, is that I would not be where I am today if I didn't have a lifeline when I was a student. I'm not sure I would even be in the top 50 heroes."

His words strike something deep into Izukus mind. All Might wouldn't be in the top 50?

"I cannot recommend this enough, I still keep in contact with my lifeline today, as do many pro heroes. I wouldn't be the symbol of peace if it wasn't for him."

Izuku makes his decision right there and then after seeing how strongly All Might felt about it. Taking his advice to heart Izuku nods to the pro hero firmly. He is agreeing to the program.

If it helped All Might that much, I would be stupid not to take it.