22

The drive to the airport went by slowly, as I agonized the thought of being on an airplane for countless hours. My anxiety only worsened when it came to planes, but now it was already pretty high so I wasn't exactly thrilled about the idea.

Pete's hand rested on my thigh the entirety of the car ride. I could tell he was still hesitant about the two of us still going on the trip, but I didn't want to disappoint him or myself in not going.

I was so deep in my thoughts I hadn't noticed we had made it the airport and were now parked in the parking lot of the main entrance.

From outside, the airport didn't look to busy which was a good sign for me.

"You ready?" Pete asked causing me to bring my eyes to his.

"Yeah." I said exhaling out a long sigh.

We both climbed out of the car and I waited for Pete as he grabbed both of our suitcases. I had my backpack slung over one of my shoulders which held my carry on luggage.

Walking towards me, Pete joined where I was standing as I took my suitcase from his hand.

We held hands as we made our way into the large airport where a couple of people were standing around or talking to security people.

As we waited our turn in line to get our luggage weighed, I rested my head on Pete's shoulder as I noticed myself becoming tired.

I was hoping because it was so late in the night that I would be able to sleep for a couple hours on the plane.

"Hey you can't be sleeping now it's almost our turn." Pete said softly to me as he nudged his shoulder my head was lying on.

He let out a quiet laugh as he did so.

"Sorry I'm just really tired."

"Yeah I bet, but don't worry we have the whole plane ride to sleep."

I groaned at the thought of being on a plane for so long.

"Can't wait." I said sarcastically with a fake smile on my face.

-

Eventually we both made it through security and we were now waiting at our boarding gate. There was still about an hour before people were let on to board the plane.

I had refused to look at my phone for as long as possible. But the unfortunate separation anxiety from it started to set in.

I tried to distract myself by people watching, but there weren't many people around to do so. And if there were any, they were sitting in a chair waiting for the exact thing I was waiting for.

"Pete I'm fucking bored." I whined as I flopped my head down on his shoulder.

"Well what do you want to do." He said kissing the top of my head before resting his head on mine.

"I don't know, I want to just look at my phone but I don't really want to cause of Weston and everything and I myse well save it for the plane ride." I huffed starting to become grumpy.

He didn't say anything but only sighed.

"Fuck I guess I don't have any ideas either." He said laughing slightly.

"Great." I said and rolled my eyes.

Silence began to linger between the two of us

"You wanna color in my tattoos?" He suggested suddenly

"Huh?" I said picking my head up off of his shoulder and giving him a confused look.

"I mean I only have a couple left on my arm that aren't super faded." He shrugged