7

Pete and I both ended up having to wake up at the same time to get ready for work. I made myself and Pete breakfast while he hopped in the shower.

Once Pete had gotten done in the shower we switched places. He ate the breakfast I had made while I got ready. Once getting done in the shower I headed to my bedroom to find an outfit that would be appropriate to wear for work. The dress code wasn't super strict since I was mostly sitting at a desk the entirety of the day but you were still expected to wear something a tad nicer then your normal lazy day outfit. Looking through my closet, my eyes landed on a light green, slightly cropped turtle neck long sleeve. I grabbed it off my hanger throwing it onto my bed. I looked for my favorite pair of white dress pants and a black belt to contrast. Finally, grabbing a darker green and slightly oversized blazer my outfit was complete.

Putting the pieces of clothing on, I searched through my sock drawer grabbing a pair of plain white crew socks. Going back to my closet I grabbed my platform black doc martens slipping them on.

I brushed through my hair quickly when Pete walked into my room knocking on the wall to get my attention.

"Yo I'm leaving like right now." He said to me looking down at his watch.

"K have fun." I said smiling as I put a necklace on.

"See you later Mya." Pete said as he walked away. I could hear the front door of my apartment open and close. Pete had left.

Putting all of my jewelry on I walked out of my bedroom ready to quickly put the dishes away only to be met with a pleasant surprise. Pete had already put both of our dishes away from breakfast. I smiled as I looked around the kitchen for my car keys, and grabbing my purse before heading out the door.

I headed down to the parking garage seeing that Pete's car was gone. I could hear my phone buzz inside of my purse as I unlocked my car.

Getting into the drivers seat I set my purse down onto the passenger seat fishing for my phone.

I looked down at my phone as I buckled my seat belt seeing a text notification, a smile creeping onto my face.

Pete: you looked really good this morning btw ;)

...

Work had mentally drained me. I walked into my empty apartment setting my purse onto the kitchen counter before heading into my bedroom to flop down onto my bed letting out a loud sigh. I expected to be busy at work today but the amount of work I was bombarded with once I walked into Melissas office was at least a week and half's work I had missed. Though I was only gone for a couple of days.

My stress levels and anxiety were through the roof once I had left the office for the day. I knew I would have to get up even earlier tomorrow morning to only stay late at work.

My anxiety could be set off very easily. I lay flat on my bed trying my best to get my mind off of all of the work I would have to do in the days ahead of me.

It was already five in the evening but I knew Pete would still be gone for the next couple of hours. I sat up on my bed trying to decide what I would do for the rest of the night while I waited for Pete to come back.

I stood up finding a pair of black sweatpants and Pete's sweatshirt I had been wearing for the past couple of days. Still smelling of weed I walked out of my room to my washer and dryer putting it into the washer. I walked back into my bedroom finding a random oversized t shirt. Putting the sweatpants and shirt on I took off my makeup and made myself an iced coffee.

Not even 30 minutes had passed. This was going to be a long night, I thought.

I found myself walking back into my room and getting comfortable in my bed. I snuggled into the many blankets that I had, turning the tv on setting it to a low volume. Slowly I felt myself fall into a deep sleep.