4

After winning multiple rounds of Mario Kart and minutes of Pete trying to be mad at me after losing, we ended up going upstairs to eat dinner with Amy and Pete's sister Casey.

It was nice being able to catch up with Casey. She was a college student who was close to my age so she was like a little sister to me.

After dinner I helped Amy clean dishes while Pete and Casey bickered in the background. Once I finished helping clean up the kitchen, Pete and I headed back down to the basement.

Out of boredom I decided to lay flat on my back on the rug that was laid in the living room.

Pete rolled and lit a joint while I just stared up at the bright purple LED lights.

Soon I noticed Pete had joined me on the floor. The joint held between his fingers he brought up to his lips inhaling the smoke, letting it slowly trail out of his mouth.

"What are you looking at?" He asked me, taking me out of my empty thoughts.

We both stayed looking up at the ceiling.

"Nothing." I said simply

He didn't say anything to me and out of my peripheral vision I saw him nod.

Turning my head to look at Pete he had the joint brought back to his lips. The way he blew the smoke out his mouth becoming more and more enticing.

"What does it feel like?" I asked him.

Pete hadn't noticed I was looking at him until I spoke, looking away from the ceiling he turned his head to look at me.

"What does what feel like?" He asked confused

I giggled softly

"What does smoking that feel like?" I said pointing to the joint in his hand.

"I mean to me it feels good. I like it." He said simply, smiling.

"Well no shit." I said teasing him

"Why? You wanna try?" He asked me putting the blunt closer to my face.

"I don't know Pete." I said anxiously

"I'm obviously not going to pressure you to do it, but if you wanna know what it's like, then this is the best way to find out."

The blunt he was holding was still near my face. Pete was now complete turned on his side balancing on his elbow.

I let out a deep breath. Honestly what's the worst it could do? I only have to do it once and if I don't like it, then I don't have to do it again.

"Okay... I'll try it." I said hesitant

My eyes only remaining on Pete.

"You sure?" He asked reassuringly

"Yeah. I'm sure Pete."

I had reached out one of my hands to take the joint from him, but instead he brought the joint up to my lips still holding it with his fingers.

Closing my eyes, I wrapped my lips around it as I inhaled the smoke, slowly letting it go deep into my system. I could feel Pete's stare.