9

It was about one in the morning once Pete finally stirred awake. I hadn't been able to fall asleep, worried if I did Pete could slip away and do something worse then he already had done.

Both of us not wanting to speak, we laid in silence staring up at the ceiling as he wrapped himself around me. My head lied on his chest and I could hear his heartbeat. It was a calming noise to hear. One of Pete's hand had found its way to the back of one of my thighs rubbing up and down in a soothing manner.

"I fucking love you." I heard him say faintly. I wasn't sure if I was meant to hear it just because of how quiet he had said it but I did. We had said "love you" to each other as friends many times but now we were together. Some would say we were moving to quickly but we had been best friends for years now that it wasn't that big of a transition for us once we had begun dating.

"I love you too Pete." I whispered back to him still staring up at the ceiling. I felt as he placed a kiss on the top of my head.

"I'm sorry." I heard him say. I turned to look up at his face seeing that he was looking down at me.

"About what?" I questioned him. What did he have to be sorry about?

"I'm sorry I'm such a fucking mess." He said plainly

Those words struck pain in my heart. Knowing he felt that way about himself made me want to break down into to tears.

"Pete... don't say th-

I couldn't finished my sentence before he interrupted me.

"Don't lie to yourself Mya." He said moving himself away from me so he could sit up against the headboard.

"I'm a mess and I'm sorry I have to drag you down with me." He said sighing, dragging a hand down his face looking over to me.

I had also sat up against the headboard staring at him. His eyes were filled with pain.

I placed one of my hands against the side of his face, my thumb rubbing across his cheek. He closed his eyes leaning into my touch. He was truly the most angelic thing I had ever seen.

"You aren't dragging me down Pete. You never could because I won't let you go down in the first place. And you won't let me go down either. And even if you are a mess, your my fucking mess, and I couldn't do life without you."

Pete stayed silent taking my hand that was placed on his cheek, kissing my knuckles softly. He interlocked our hands together placing them on his lap.

"I couldn't do life without you either Mya. I'm so fucking grateful to have you." He whispered looking down at our hands.

...

Pete and I spent hours talking with one another about random things. I told him about how work was going, how I was feeling about John, and then I told him about Colson coming
down. Once I had told him that, a small smile spread across his face. He couldn't believe I would do that for him and he kept telling me how much he loved me and how I was his guardian angel. His sweet words brought a smile to my face. Though Pete was no where near back to his normal self, his soft laughs and jokes he told as we talked through the early hours of the morning gave me hope that he would be back to his normal self quicker then I thought it would take to do so.

It was now eight something in the morning as Pete towered above me on the bed as we made out. The way his lips felt on mine was something I would never want to get used to. Every time he kissed me it felt new and exciting.

I flipped the two of us over as I straddled him. I took my lips off of his own and placed sloppy kisses down his jaw and neck.

He let out a sigh in pleasure as I made my way down to his bare chest. I looked up at him before looking back to down to his scarred chest. I placed soft kisses against each cut my eyes still staying on his. I could see as he bit his lip in both pain and pleasure. He was so fucking sexy.