17

Still Pete's pov

The days without Mya lasted long and I thought I was driving myself crazy. We hadn't talked in weeks, Colson had been keeping me updated daily, but eventually he had to leave New York and go back home.

So now there was no way of knowing how Mya was doing unless I asked her myself. But like I said I wanted to give us space.

Every few weeks I would normally have to go back to rehab to get my meds readjusted and it was getting closer to when I normally would go in.

However I was hesitant. If I went to rehab for a week or two that would mean even more time away from Mya. And I was scared that if we spent to much time apart we wouldn't find our way back to one another.

That thought was a reoccurring one in my head. In the end I knew I would go to rehab because it was important but it didn't mean I couldn't second guess missing it just this one time.

I decided I would text Mya the day before I would be leaving even if she left me on read or didn't even read it all, I knew my mind would be settled if I did so.

"Pete are you joining Casey and I for dinner?" I heard my mom call from upstairs.

After a week at my apartment in the city I came back home to Staten Island. I had filled my mom in on everything that had happened and just like Colson, she had hope for Mya and I.

That must be a good sign right?

"Nah I'm good." I yelled back

I heard her footsteps come down the stairs until she reached the last step where I could actually see her, and she could see me.

"You okay?" She asked me with a sad look in her eyes

I sighed before answering

"I don't know I just miss her and I don't know when the right time to reach out to her is. And I'm going to be going back to rehab like next week and I'm just worried more time apart will cause us to be apart forever." Looking up towards my mom I searched for her reaction.

Stepping down the last step she walked over towards the couch where I was sitting. She took her place sitting down next to me.

She looked at me with a sad look. "Pete I believe deep down in my soul that everything will work itself out with you and Mya. I know it hurts right now and it's confusing but if you two were meant to be, then everything will work out." She said with a sad, but hopeful smile. Her hand found it's way to my shoulder rubbing it in a comforting manner.

"Yeah, thanks mom." I said smiling.

"Of course honey." She said side hugging me before standing up to leave the basement.

"You sure you don't want to eat with us?" She asked as she began climbing back up the stairs.

"I'm sure." I said smiling as I looked down to my lap.

With that she went up the stairs leaving me alone in the basement.

Standing up from the couch I walked into my bedroom flopping down on the bed. I never realized how boring my life was when Mya wasn't involved. Especially since I had taken these past weeks off from snl for my mental health and in order to get myself ready for rehab.

Taking my phone out of my sweatshirt pocket I scrolled through it carelessly finally deciding to FaceTime Colson.

I waited for a couple seconds until his face popped up on the screen.

"Yo." He said to me

"What's up?" I said back running a hand through my now back to brown hair. I decided to dye it back after a couple weeks of it being blonde.