18

Mya's pov

"Damn't" I whispered to myself as I accidentally dropped a plastic cup I had taken from the dishwasher to put into one of the kitchen cupboards.

Normally I would have left the clean dishes sitting in the dishwasher until the very last minute but recently I had found myself becoming more organized and motivated to do so.

It actually started after Pete left the house. Despite me saying no, Colson ended up talking to Pete about the whole situation. Colson came back to me only simply saying that Pete didn't want this to be the end of us he just thought that it would be best if we took a little break.

I was somewhat relieved with that news knowing he still wanted to be with me. But it still sucked that he couldn't have just told me before storming out.

These past couple weeks I hadn't reached out to him and he hasn't reached out to me. I learned quickly that this break was exactly what I needed. I found more time to focus on myself and what I wanted, I scheduled more appointments with my therapist, and my main priority was to maintain my mental health and happiness.

And now that I was able to maintain everything with just myself, I needed Pete here to complete my happiness. I was finally ready and I was confident in saying so.

I wasn't sure if I should be the first one to reach out or if I should wait for him to open communication back up. It was all confusing and a little bit anxiety raising.

I was also worried that it might be too soon for him. It killed me that I couldn't know how he was feeling or what he had been thinking over these past weeks. Luckily I had Colson to keep me up somewhat but I still was never getting the full picture. And it fucking sucked.

Placing the last couple of dishes in their designated spots in the kitchen I made my way over to the living room lying down on the couch.

Through these long couple of weeks I was able to focus on what I really needed and my therapist actually suggested for me to get an emotional support animal.

To make a long story short I did some research and found Blue who was a two year old American pitbull.

I have always absolutely adored Pit bulls, and though I knew there could always be a risk involved with getting one, Blue has been nothing short but a miracle. Without Pete being here and the complicated situation with Mika and I, loneliness crept in quickly but now I had Blue to keep my company and I couldn't be happier. She was the sweetest dog that she wouldn't dare to even bite a fly.

I had to weigh in the fact that Pete was very highly; more like deathly allergic to dogs but once we reconnected and talked everything out I would bring it up to him.

I was luckily able to find a place that would take her for today and through the night. I figured it would just make things easier if she wasn't here while Pete was. This would give me time to actually talk to him about it.

Finding a comfortable position on the couch I grabbed the remote off of the coffee table and turned to the TV on.

Before meeting and becoming friends with Pete, true crime and shit like that never interested me. It wasn't that I was creeped out but I never found it being the first thing I wanted to watch.

But oh how that has changed. I found myself watching almost every crime documentary there was available on Netflix and I even started listening to true crime podcasts in my free time.

Now I sit here on my living room couch watching a crime documentary about a man named "the night stalker" who killed tons of people in California back in the 80s. Honestly a lot had changed since Pete and I taking a break. And to be honest with you it was very much needed. I guess you never realize how bad you can be struggling until you actually take the time to focus on yourself and listen to what you need.