5

After a long night of throwing up and feeling like I was going to die, I was finally able to fall back asleep. Granted it was on the bathroom floor next to Pete, but at least I could finally rest without having to constantly wake up and throw up.

Pete had stayed with me the entirety of the night. I couldn't be more thankful for him in that moment. During the periods of me not throwing up and sitting awake I was able to think.

As Pete lay asleep on the bathroom floor I realized I wasn't as opposed to thought of dating him as I originally was. It sounded weird at first when Mika first brought it up but now, I was becoming more fond of it.

It must have been sometime in the afternoon once I had awoken. I realized I was no longer lying on the cold tile floor but rather on Pete's big and soft bed. No joke it felt like you were laying on a fucking cloud.

Shuffling around realizing Pete was not next to me in his bed, I sat up a slight headache rushing to my head.

I slowly got out of the bed grabbing my phone, and walked out of the bedroom to find Pete no where to be seen. I continued to search around the basement until I realized that the bathroom door was closed and I could hear the shower running.

I decided I would go to the couch and watch something on tv as I waited for Pete to get done in the shower.

Plopping myself down on the couch I grabbed the remote and turned on the tv, flipping through channels until I eventually landed on Sponge Bob. It wasn't my favorite show of all time but it was the best option out of every other show on.

Grabbing my phone out of my sweatshirt pocket, I looked to see a couple texts from my boss. Just by seeing the long paragraphs I could tell these weren't good texts.

I had been working at a modeling agency for about two years now. Though unfortunately I was not a model, I was one of many people at the company who looked for models to sign. I enjoyed the job and it paid well. It also helped that I actually liked my boss. Her name is Melissa, she was pretty laid back for the most part. I had told I her I needed to take a couple of days off due to mental health reasons (more like a devastating breakup) and the fact that I rarely take vacation or sick days only helped my case.

Skimming through the countless angry texts I sighed as I read that Melissa wanted me back at work tomorrow. Though I knew I needed to go back, I liked living carelessly not having to worry about doing anything each day. Pete only helped prove that to me these past 48 and then some hours.

I was drawn away from my phone when I heard the bathroom door creak open. A fully clothed Pete walked out of the bathroom holding his phone.

He noticed me sitting on the couch and smiled. Soon joining me, he lifted my legs up so he could slip onto the couch next to me gently placing my legs back down resting on his lap.

"How you feeling from last night?" He asked looking at me.

I played with the drawstrings of Pete's hoodie I was still wearing.

"Meh." I plainly responded

"Dude I'm still so sorry for not warning you."

I looked up at Pete who showed a sympathetic smile.

"It's all good Pete. I'm totally fine now."

He didn't say anything but took his attention towards the tv screen. I admired him as he laughed at the jokes being told in the show and the way he seemed so focused on something so stupid as Sponge Bob.

"I do have some bad news though." I said

He now brought his eyes back to mine.

"What is it?" He asked a little to concerned