I have commited copious ammounts of homicide

Sun shines into my eyes. I sit up, dazed and achy. What the hell happened? The last thing I remember was... oh right.

I brutally murdered an entire battalion and ripped Anai's eye out.

       How could I ever forget?

       Where even am I?

       This doesn't look like the house. Or the hospital for that matter. "Anyone here?" I shout. Moments later, the door swings open. Lane stares at me, her long pink hair out of its usual braid. She sighs with relief before rushing over to the bed I'm on and sitting down next to me. She kisses my forehead softly. "Thank the deity you're ok." "Of course I'm ok. I'm the person that should be you asking that question." "I'm fine. I was lucky enough to have someone who cared enough to bring me back." She grabs my hand, a small smile on her face.

         One sec imma just M E L T.

          But, our peaceful moment is interrupted. The door bangs against the wall, Natalie standing in the doorway. "Hey Nat-" I don't finish my sentence. She tackles me in a hug. "You scared the shit outta all of us." She whispers. "What do you mean?" Nat gets off me, she and Lane sharing a look.

          Upon closer inspection, they both look exhausted. "You kinda sorta..." "nearly fucking died." Nat interjects. I jump from both the cursing and the realization. "What?" "For some reason, your abilities haven't "settled." When you pulled what you did, they tried to physically rip themself from you. Your body couldn't take it and..." Natalie trails off. "Anai can't get her hands on you again. If she does whatever she did last time, it'll kill you. A body can't take that twice." Lane mumbles, staring at the ground so hard I'm surprised it hasn't burst into flames. "I doubt she'll get anywhere near me for a while." I laugh. My girlfriend and best friend don't seem to get my humor.

             "DJ, what you did was..." "terrifying. That wasn't just grief and anger towards Anai over Lane. That was pent up rage that I don't even wanna know how long you've been storing." "Ok enough about my issues and the copious amounts of homicide I've committed. I need food." I groan as I get out of bed, leaning on Lane to stay up. "Also, where the fuck are we?"

                Apparently, Elian, Hera, and a few others bought an entire damn apartment building to house rebels. They thought it would be better than tents. "And our mounts are settled in a "stable" in the basement. Except for those with Griffins. They just shifted." I feel something furry rub against my leg. "BUTTON!" I scoop up my cat, snuggling her close to my face. She meows loudly. "I missed ya, you annoying little shit." To be honest, I haven't seen her much since I escaped from the prison. Jesus was that only a few months ago? Christ.... I step into the Kitchen. Hera, Hade, Caleb, Damien, Axl, Kit, and, weirdly, Ez are all chilling in various spots around the living room. "Hey...?" "DJ!" Hade yelps, falling off the couch. Caleb helps Hera up.

                 Shit she's probably gonna give birth soon, isn't she?

                "I figured you'd make it out alive." Kit smirks. I lovingly flip them off. They look more masculine today but I'd rather not assume. "We were worried about you, Delilah." Damien sighs. Ez nods. He and Damien are sitting next to each other. Interesting. "Ok one, don't call me by my full name. That's weird. Two, how long was I out?" "Bout three days." Axl says. "Oh thank Creation it wasn't for a month or so."

                 It's odd.

                 I seem to have a habit of going into a coma for a couple months every time something ground shattering happens. Almost like....

                 "DJ!" My head snaps up to look at Nat. "You said you were hungry, right? There's a kitchen on the first floor. Come on."

                 From what I can tell, they're working on hollowing out the first two floors for training and practical use. Which goes pretty fast when all you have to do to knock out a wall is move your hands around. I stare at my now empty bowl of cereal. Lane is sitting next to me, her hand in mine. I don't think either one of us wants to let go. "Crazy couple of days, huh?" "Yeah. Also, we're roommates again." Lane chimes. I chuckle, thinking of three years ago. "And they were roommates." "Oh my god they were roommates." Hade and Nat laugh. "Oh fuck off." I say. But I can't help but smile. I raise my glass of water. "How about a toast?" The others cheer. "Things are finally going our way y'all. I've got my girlfriend," Lane squeezes my hand, "my best friend," Nat winks, "nine other idiots," the other Star Beings laugh. Except Hade, who flips me off "my ex neighbor, Hade's hellion of a friend, someone I met in prison, and my former mentors...."