D A D????

"Kid just.... just put down the knife." Elian asks, lifting his hands in a weak defense. "Why? So you can attack me?" I growl. "Delilah." Elian says, his voice suddenly strong. I drop my weapon in shock, the dagger evaporating the moment I let go. "I just need to grab some shit." Elian mutters. But he doesn't get up. He doesn't move. "You... uh.... you threw me into the wall pretty hard there..." he says with an awkward chuckle. "Consider it pay back for what your niece did today. On my birthday of all days." I say with an eye roll. "Huh?" Elian looks at me. Then he notices the scar on my jaw. And the one on my hand. And the one on my ankle where my pajama pants don't quite cover it. "Oh shit..." he mutters. "That's not all. She stabbed me in the gut. Your darling niece nearly killed me." I growl. "Why are you even on their side?! I thought you loved Hera. I thought you thought of the Star Beings as family!"
Elian's eyes grow wide in pain and shock. "You wouldn't understand." "Yeah, you're right. I won't. Mainly because you won't fucking tell me!" I shout. Elian puts a finger over his mouth. "Be quiet. Hera is asleep in the next dorm over and these walls are kinda thin." He whispers. Then he sighs. "Anaideia and Eligio... they're blood. They may be assholes, but they're my primary allegiance. I don't have a choice in this matter." Elian says with a sigh. "Who the hell is Eligio?" Elian gives me an unamused look. "My brother. The asshole in charge." He says with an eye roll. "Just because they're blood doesn't mean you have to be on their side." Elian shakes his head. "You don't understand the consequences of abandoning them." My blood runs cold. For the first time, Elian's scars, his hair, his almost normal appearance... they register.
Elian stands, grabbing a bag from under the coffee table. "How did I not see that?" I mutter. "I've gotta go. They don't know I'm here." Elian says, limping into the kitchen. I follow, my knife appearing back in my hand. "I... I can't just let you leave." Elian turns and sighs. "Sorry kid..." I hear the piece of floor break away before he throws it. And this time, I catch it.
Elian stares at me with genuine fear. I crush the hunk of marble in my hands. "You've been training." Elian says in a squeaky voice. Then he turns and bolts for the balcony. I race after him, my knife still in hand. Elian yanks open the sliding door, leaping up onto the railing. He turns and winks at me. "Happy birthday Delilah." He whistles and then.... he jumps.
"ELIAN!!!!" I yelp, racing over to the railing. Elian looks up at me. He's got a dragon. "See ya kid." He smirks and waves before taking off. "God DAMMIT." I yell, throwing my knife off the cliff. I glance back into the apartment. "I can't believe I let him get away." I mutter. I sigh and teleport back into my room, landing on my bed. Thankfully. I glance over at Nat. She's still asleep. I lay back on the bed and stare at the ceiling. Elian was really here. He was right in front of my face and I let him get away. And now he's back with his "family". My eyes flutter. God I'm exhausted. Slowly, I let myself fall asleep.

After my birthday, the weeks passed easily. No attacks from Anai. Apparently Nat really did a number. And Christmas is a couple of days. Yay. "Hey DJ!" I hear lane yell from the living room. "What?" I poke my head out of my room. "Hera is looking for you. Something about parents?" My heart stops. "Nice to know." I say, bolting out of the dorm. "Wait where is she?" "Her office." "Ok!" I start to bolt out of the dormitories. "Where the hell is that?" I ask, doubling back. "Down the hall, past the medbay, and to the left." "Thank you!"

I burst into Hera's office. Hade is sitting in a chair across from Hera's desk. "Parents?!" "Just your dad for now." Hera says calmly. "Sit. Have some tea. I'll explain." Hera pours me some tea as I sit down. "Hade, we know where both of your parents are. Here's the address and the people you'll be going on the trip with." Hera hands Hade a slip of paper. "Why'd you put Mateo and Karson together?" Hera barley hides her mischievous smirk. "And what about it?" Hade gives her a look of respect and leaves. Hera turns to me. "Sadly, we could only find your father. Your mother seems to move often, so we have no idea where she is. And even your fathers location is just guesswork. Here's the address and the team. Try to be back by the first of the year." Hera says with a nod. I stand to leave. I need to tell her what happened a couple weeks ago. "He came back for his stuff." I mumble. Hera raises an eyebrow. "Who?" "Elian. I couldn't sleep a few weeks ago so I took a walk. When I passed by the teachers dorms, Elian's door was ajar. I peeked in and he was grabbing some shit. I tried to stop him but he managed to get away." Hera looks down at her desk. "He chose his side. I won't abandon everyone like he did."