A runaway, a pirate, and a merman

I pull my hood over my face and look around the busy port. People scurry around like rats, weaving in and out with hoods drawn over their faces.  "I gotta get out of here. The last thing  I want is to be seen." I whisper under my breath. Someone brushes past me. "Watch it!" they shout, even though they're the one that bumped into me. "Sorry." I mutter, walking towards a building that has a sign that says "bookings here." I hurry inside and get in line. What feels like hours pass before I finally get to the front of the line. "One ticket for any ship please. Preferably Inexpensive." I mumble. "Do I know you?" the teller asks, studying the portion of my face that's showing. "No sir." I mutter. "Really? I could swear I've seen you around sometime." He looks closer at me, and attempting to get a peek under my hood. I pull it down lower.
    "Listen dude, I haven't ever seen you before in my life. So can I please have the stupid ticket?" I growl, staring him dead in the eyes. His face goes ghost white. "Star Being." he whispers. "Aw shit." My best guess? My eyes decided that they're anted to be flashlights and glowed a bit. "STAR BEING!!!!" he shouts. "I was really hoping to avoid this..." I mutter, running out of the building. I skid to a stop and look around. Some guards are already on their way. Who I presume to be the captain stops and stares deep into my eyes. I'm pretty sure I just felt my soul leave my body.
    "Well that was quick." I mutter, turning around and running  to the docks like the devil is on my heels. But considering its the Luminis Obumbratio, the devil might be the better option. I glance down at the water below the dock. "Looks like the only option." I mutter. Then, I take a breath and dive.
     The water is murky. I swim under the dock and come up for air, praying they don't decide to look directly underneath their feet. Thankfully, they don't.
     This is probably where I should introduce myself. My name is DJ. About six months ago I got pulled through a portal in my closet and ended up here, in this wacky place called Worlomands. Which is also under the rule of the Luminis Obumbratio.  I was told that, along with nine others, I was a Star Being. Weird fact about this crazy world; magic exists. And apparently I'm one of the ten people who can use all forms. Or at least, we thought there were only ten. That's where Anaideia comes in.
    She pretended she wanted to be a part of the rebellion. Then she betrayed us all. Because of her I've been on the run for the past month and a half. Basically my life has become a living nightmare because I decided to date the now ruler of the L.O. Who, somehow, is a Star Being. Sure, there had been rumors about a much more powerful Star Being called a dark star, but everyone assumed they were just that. Rumors. Considering everything that's happened, THEY DEFINITELY WERE NOT RUMORS. To sum it up: I was overly trusting and now I'm hiding under a dock in chocolate milk colored seawater.

    So now that you kind of understand my situation; let's get back to our regularly scheduled program! I swim out from under the dock and climb back up on top of it. No one even glances in my direction to ask what I'm doing. Two people rush by me, carrying a large crate. I step in time with the crate. The people carrying it are too busy to notice me. I follow them aboard a ship and then quickly realize I'm out in the open with no idea what the hell I'm doing. Now what?

    I do the first thing that pops into my head. Which is to run into  the nearest room and pray no one is there. I quietly shut the door and look around. The room is lavishly decorated. A wooden writing desk sits in  the corner, with an extinguished lantern hanging above it. A wardrobe is against the back wall. It's carved beautifully, and looks handmade. I glance at the far right wall. My heart sinks into my stomach. Against the wall sits a fine wooden bed with red blankets. And it's occupied.

    I immediately run to the wardrobe, yanking it open and diving in between two ruby red coats. I steady my breathing. Maybe they didn't hear me? "Who's there?!" a deep voice calls out.
Well that answers that question.
I hear the door to the room creak open. "Hey Beck, the stuff is nearly ready to go... why are you looking at me like that?" The new person sighs. "Mako, open the wardrobe." "What?" "DO IT!" the one named Beck shouts. "Alright, alright. But there's not going to be anything in here but coats." My heart hammers in my chest.
I am so screwed.
The moment he opens the door, I'm done for. Goodbye sweet world!
   The door creaks open. "What did I say, totally...." Mako stares at me with shocked amber eyes. I stare back with terrified green and brown ones. Mako opens his mouth to say something, shuts it, and then opens his mouth again. "Beckham," he starts "there is a person amongst your coats."