"I text you to let you know that I wouldn't be home," he interrupts me to say.

I scoff loudly. "Yeah Noah, you text me on Friday and didn't come home till Saturday night, then Sunday you were gone again. And you must really take me for a fucking fool Noah. I asked you, I asked you straight out if you were cheating on me and you said no. You said I was paranoid, you said you wouldn't do that to me. So imagine my surprise when I find an empty condom wrapper in your pants, and you clearly didn't use it with me!"

I'm so wrapped up in the conversation I didn't even hear the door open behind me, didn't notice that Tristan had come looking for me until I pace back again and he is standing in my line of sight. I see the look of pity on his face as he hears my side of the phone call.

He knows. He listened to me sob on Saturday night, he let me cry, waited till I calmed down before talking. He even offered to come and pick me up.

"Why the fuck did you go through my shit?" Noah replies bitterly, as though I'm the one who did something wrong here.

"Is that actually what your most concerned about? That I caught you? You left your shit in the middle of the bathroom floor you idiot, I was cleaning up, like I'm always cleaning up after you! Don't you dare turn this around on me!"

"What do you want me to say Mack?"

"I want you to fucking admit that you cheated and then you can pack your shit and get out. When I get home I don't want to see you or any of your stuff. We are done Noah. We've been done for a long time."

"Mackenzie, come on, we can work this out," he tries, but my mind is made up.

"No, Noah. We can't work this out, I don't want to work this out. I don't want to be with you. I suggest you are moved out by the time I'm home today for both our sakes," I stay firm on my word, my voice strong, anger laced through my words.

"You're seriously breaking up a five year relationship over the phone? You could have at least done it in person. Don't I deserve that?"

"You don't deserve shit Noah. If you didn't disappear yesterday before I even woke up, this would have been done then. You left me with no choice. Just pack your stuff and get out."

"How the fuck am I meant to just move everything out in one day? Where am I meant to go?"

"I don't care. Go stay with the chick you've been fucking. Go to your parents and tell them what you've done. I don't care Noah, just be gone."

I don't allow him to say anything else as I hang up the phone. I've said what I needed to.

I take a deep breath in and as I exhale, I feel like I'm releasing a whole lot of tension. A weight has left my shoulders.

I don't know if he will actually pack his stuff and go, I'm half expecting him to still be there when I get home. He will think he can talk me into staying with him. I'm determined to stay strong though, to do what I need to for me.

"Mack, are you ok?" Tristan asks behind me. I had forgotten he was even there.

"How much did you hear?" I asked him, dropping my head and looking at the ground. I feel humiliated that I was dumb enough to get cheated on.

"Most of it," he replied, pulling me into his arms. "He doesn't deserve you, and you don't deserve to be cheated on and lied to. You did the right thing."

"I know I did. I feel better, I do. I just..." I trailed off, not sure how to finish my sentence.

I really did feel better, lighter. I know it won't be easy adjusting and I probably won't be able to stay in the house we chose together. But I know that this is what I need.