ᴏғғᴇɴsɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴜɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴏᴘᴛᴀʀᴛs

Start from the beginning

"yeah! it's me!"

"holy shit i'm so glad i don't have to sit alone for any minute more."

"oh yeah.... you wanna hear about solitaire?"

tommy groaned, realizing he'd have to hear this all the time in the afterlife. But he soon sighed in defeat, motioning for the happy ghost to go on about the one person game.

glatt kinda stood in the corner, his goat-like eyes kinda separated even more as he stared in the distance.

"ghostbur?"

"yeah?"

"will you be talking about a variety of card games or just solitaire?"

"just solitaire!"

"i- you know what? i don't care. go ahead. i have all the time in the world. and i wanna haunt people."

"but you're not staying here tommy. dream is crying for you." ghostbur said seriously before returning back to inform the teen about solitaire.

"what?! i'm not staying?! what does that-"

"so you have four piles, king is at the top-"

"ghostbur!"

"it requires a lot of thinking and color coding! it's a good game to play alone-"

tommy sighed in defeat, forcing himself to ignore that weird thing his friend ominously stated.

but ghostbur's echoey voice soon started to fade and tommy was still spaced out.

he got a weird feeling in his body, like a weight was being pressed on him.

"wilbur- ghostbur, please continue talking about solitaire." tommy rolled his eyes, passive aggressively demanding ghostbur fill the silence once more.

"ghostbur? ghostbur!-"

"tommy...? tommy! you're actually back!"

oh no.

tommy stopped. quite literally.

he didn't speak, he didn't move, and he barely breathed. he laid on his back, facing the ceiling.

no... no...no! i don't wanna be back! and stuck here with him again?!

it took dream to lightly nudge tommy so he would flinch and breathe again.

tommy took deep breathes, like the yoga class he had with Puffy.

breathe in.

breathe out.

breathe in.

breathe out.

breathe in.

scream out-

tommy thought he was gonna cry but he didn't. he kinda let out a pathetic cough from the lump forming in his throat.

"why are you humming?" dream genuinely asked, tilting his head from hearing the deep him come from the blond boy.

"humming? oh, it's from my yoga class. force of habit i guess- hey! we need to talk about why i'm back!"

"because i brought you back. i need you back. we can help each-"

"that ship has sailed and sunk big guy! there is no 'us' or 'we' or other pronouns that can describe me 'n you as a pair!

"you ruined me, dipshit. i was sent to the after life, sitting in darkness with the memory of you hurting me. and was forced to listen to 'glatt' and how to play solitaire!