Chapter 18

I woke up the next day and looked at the time. 1:31pm, that was a long sleep-in. I stretched my arms and my back and looked out the window from my bed. It was a nice day, it was sunny, not a cloud in the sky. It was a day that screamed 'spring'.

I got up and opened the window to let some fresh air in. I could hear the birds chirping from the tree next to my window and it made me smile.

I went back to my bed and sat down. I looked at my phone and seen that I had a text from Nash and Jessica.

Nash: Happy Birthday beautiful! Can't wait to see you today, you're gonna love the present we have for you!

I texted him back-
Thank you Nash I'll see you soon!

Jessica: Happy Birthday gurl!!!! Can't believe you're 17!! See you later

I replied-
Thanks gurl! And you sound like my mom   see you later

I was looking through my social media when someone knocked on my bedroom door.

"Come in." I said and sat up on my bed. It was my mom and Josh.

"Good morning birthday girl!" Mom cheered as she entered.

"Good morning." I laughed.

"We made you a special birthday breakfast." Josh said as he gave me a tray with pancakes, eggs, bacon and orange juice.

"Awh thank you little bro!" I said and messed his hair up.

"I guess you can do that to my hair since its your birthday." He said with a sigh. I just laughed and they both left me to eat the food.

Once I was finished I got up and got a shower. I stepped in and let the warm water run down my body sending shivers down my back. When I was done I stepped out and wrapped a towel around my body and went to pick out what to wear.

I heard my phone vibrate. I went over to it and seen it was a text from Nash.
Nash: hey :) btw wear something fancy today

He must have read my mind because I had no clue what to wear. I went back to my closet and looked at what to wear. I decided to wear my royal blue color dress that was fitted at the top but then flowed from my hips down to just above the knee and it had a little bit of lace around the neck-line. I paired the dress with black heels.

I dried myself off and got into the dress and started to curl my brown hair into some light waves. I then added mascara, eyeliner and a little eye shadow and foundation.

I looked in the mirror and I was actually happy with what I looked like for once. I decided to text Nash.

Me: what time am I seeing you and Jessica at? :)

He replied in a couple of seconds-
Nash: I'll see you at around 5:30pm, is that okay? :)

I looked at the clock beside my bed, its 5:18pm. Did it really take me that long to get ready? Where did the time go?

Me: yeah, sounds perfect :D

I decided to go down stairs to see my mom and brother for a bit. They were in the kitchen, as usual.

"Hey sweeti-" mom stopped talking when she seen me. I got worried.

"What? What's wrong?!" I said looking around trying to figure out what she was looking at.

"Nothing honey, its just... You look adorable!" She squealed as she clapped her hands. I sighed in relief.

"Thank you mother!" I said and gave her a hug.

"Aww, I need to take a picture!" She said and went to find her camera.

"No, mom its fine, you don't need a picture." I said. This isnt a photoshoot.

"Don't be ridiculous, of course I need a picture."

I sighed as she was setting it up, she needs to calm down.

"Okay, ready? And smile!" She said pointing the camera at me.

I smiled and almost got blinded by the flash, I'm pretty sure my eyes were closed.

"Awww thats lovely!! Josh, stand beside Emma so I can take a picture!"

No way was I gonna get another picture taken, definatley not if its with my brother. This is going to take forever...

--------------------------------------------------------

Heeeyy! So another update for ya! Btw thank you soooo much for over 500 reads, that's amazing! Love ya guys!