It's a little bit disconcerting already to see Camila simply smile.

The princess looks over at the bandit for what seems like the hundredth time in their conversation before she answers.

"Camz and I have worked out our differences and realized that . . ."

Lauren always have seen Simona, or Simon, as another parent. Another father figure when she was growing up, and now that he's turned into a woman, she might as well stand as a mother figure for her. Not only to her, but to Camila, Ally, Dinah and Normani also. She regards her with respect, so much so that it made her feel some kind of trepidation to tell what exactly is going on with her and Camila.

Thinking of her possible reservations about the matter considering that Camila being a dangerous criminal.

"The princess is the most important person for me now," Camila picks up where Lauren left the words hanging, still trying to work out how to break the news of how the nature of their relationship changed to Simona.

The bandit looked at the older woman straight in the eyes, open and sincere, "By my life or death I can protect her, I will. My father, he is nothing to me, I don't care about him or what will become of him, or what everybody else think of him. But should he, and trust me he will, go and hurt my princess and everything she cares about, I will end him. My life, my loyalties . . . My heart . . . It all belongs to Lauren, my princess, my empress. I love her and I will stand by her no matter what,"

Ally stares with an open mouth. Even Lauren seems to have been taken aback by her declaration but she stays close. Simona stares Camila down with unblinking eyes. Face devoid of any emotion.

"I feel the same about her," Lauren adds when Simona remains stoic, attesting to what Camila implies, "We didn't get along at first because Camz and I are both headstrong. But we came into terms with how we feel for each other and that's what really matters. I know, I'm aware it is frowned upon in our Arcadian ways but I can't help how I feel, Simona. I can already see the wheels turning in your head and please don't be like those ministers who advised my father to not pursue my mother who never had a noble title attached to her name. I am going to be with someone of my choosing, regardless of titles or wealth, or in this case . . . Past transgressions,"

There was a beat of silence, if not for the crickets populating that forest.

Simona sighs, her eyes unwaveringly trained on Camila, "I only have one question; Are you happy?"

"Yes,"

"I am asking you . . . Camila,"

Lauren raises an eyebrow, but an amused grin slowly spreads on her pretty face.

"Very much so," the bandit replies sincerely.

"Then I have nothing else to say on the matter," then older woman turns to the princess, "I already know you're very much like your father, no point in trying to dissuade you when you have your heart set on something,"

While Ally is still processing everything, Camila and Lauren sigh in relief. Lost in each other's eyes, smiling like fools, little pinkies intertwine.

But the old woman is not yet finished, as it turns out. She moves abruptly face to face with Camila, stands on her tippy toes just to be able to do that, then speaks in her own elderly threatening way.

"But if you break Lauren's heart, I'll be the first to break your face. Got it?"

The bandit nods. "Yes ma'am!"

"Ally?"

Lauren turns to the other bandit whose mouth is still open and eyes wide staring back and forth.