Carol, meet Whitty!

"Well kid, see you later." Whitty patted your head, turning to leave, but you grip his sweater as you puffed up your cheeks. "No, can't you at least stay and play video games with me?" You asked, he sighed, crouching down to meet your height, "Kid, I don't think your mom(?) would want to have a stranger in the house, think about it, it's weird." He said. 

"But your my friend, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't mind, besides I bet she's still at work or golfing." 

He sighed, before he could say anything the front door to your house opens, "Ah, there you are y/n," said Carol, "I figured you were hanging out with your friends, who's this?" She asked, walking over. "This is Whitty, Whitty, this is Carol." You introduced, standing in between the two adults as Carol eyes the bomb with her calculating gaze, there was a sort of intensity between the two. Whitty begins to sweat nervously, fear overcoming his body. Would this woman forbid you from hanging out with him since he's older? Did she somehow recognize him? Was she going to turn him in? 

But what happened was unexpected, she held out her hand, a smile on her face which sent a strange feeling towards Whitty, this woman is beautiful and he doesn't understand the feeling inside him. "It's nice to meet you Whitty, I'm glad that y/n made a new friend." 

"U-uh, nice t-to meet y-you too." He stammered, trying to force his voice out. You clapped your hands, a small victory as you looked up at your guardian, "Hey Carol, can Whitty stay and play video games with me?" You asked, she hummed, "Well, just as long as you don't stay up late, okay?" You fist bumped the air, "Come on Whitty, let's play Super Smash." You said, pulling him along, "What's that?" He asked. 

After you've brought him inside the house, you two sat on the couch as you turned on the system, explaining the controls while you two select your characters. 

(Timeskip)

You fall asleep on the couch, your head laying on Whitty's arm as he watches the show you've put on for him. Carol picks you up, taking you back to your room as she closes your bedroom door, she makes her way downstairs as Whitty stands up, "I should get going." He said, making his way to the door. 

"You can stay for the night if you'd like." She stops him in his tracks, he raises a brow, "Why? You don't even know me." He said, turning around to face the woman. "Even though y/n is a little oblivious, she's very picky on who her friends should and shouldn't be," she replied, crossing her arms, "Not only that, I use y/n's phone when she's asleep to go on social media, and I happen to stumble upon your text messages by accident." She giggled.

Whitty cleared his throat, rubbing his neck, "You're like a dad." She said, it's kinda true since Whitty would oftentimes text you to see if your safe at school or if you made it back home. "I'm her friend, just looking after her is all." He said. Carol smiles softly at him.

"She must trust you a lot to have her give that to you," she said, pointing to the sweater you've given him, "that used to belong to her dad, then her brother." She said, eyes looking someplace else, this caught Whitty's attention. 

"What happened?" 

(Sorry but I ain't spoiling it)