Cheer Up

Walking in the busy streets of the city, Whitty remained cautious, keeping his head low in case anybody recognized him and making sure that he took shortcuts through alleyways whenever he needed to get anywhere, of course, he couldn't exactly blend in with the crowd since anyone can see him mainly because of his height. He sighed, using his hands to wipe his face, he didn't get much sleep last night, mainly because there were people after him. 

Now, he could care less about them since he always manages to get away, but these people weren't like those mercenaries, these were professional hit men. Whitty knew better than to cross their paths, or otherwise, he'd be dead, sure he can defend himself pretty well because of his physical strength used to take down muggers or drunk idiots, but he isn't confident in taking down dangerous people. Slumping his body against the wall of the building, he felt the sting in his torso, causing him to wince, last night, some guy with a gun had chased after him after seeing his face, he suggested that this guy was just a crazy person, but the relentless chasing and ring around the Rosie said otherwise. 

Thankfully, he managed to lose the guy, only receiving a graze when the ginger haired male hit him. Thinking about it now, weren't you friends with him? He was a little worried, if you told anyone about him he would surely be a goner, well, hopefully you haven't told anyone his name, which should be a nice thing to know since you kept your promise. 

Resting his head against the wall, he gave another sigh, he was definitely hungry. "Whitty?" He nearly jumped, but he turned around to see you, "Kid?" He raised a non-existent brow, "What are you doing here?" You shrugged, sitting beside him, "Well, I was on my way home again." You replied, "And your lost?" He rested his head on his palm, his legs crossed as you softly chuckled. 

"Nope! I have my GPS this time, hopefully I don't lost it one day." You replied, he rolled his eyes, you were gonna jinx it one day, but hopefully that doesn't happen. "Say kid, have you told anyone my name?" He questioned, you looked at him curiously, shaking your head, "Why?" He shrugged your question off his shoulder.

You two sat there together for a while, listening to the passing cars and chattering people, there was a peaceful yet tense atmosphere between you two, Whitty noticed that you weren't as happy as yesterday, he could only assume that you got in trouble yesterday because of that friend of yours.

"So, what happened?"

"Hmm?"

"Your sad, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

You sighed, hugging your legs, "Well, it's just school, not the greatest." 

"Bully?"

"Uh-huh." 

You didn't give him much details of what occurred at school, but he understood, "Did you have a bad day?" You asked him, "Kinda, got hurt on a night run, can't sleep, can't eat." He replied, "Are you okay?" Stuffing his hands in his pockets, he stared at the sky, "I'm fine." He told himself. An idea popped into your head, "Wanna get something to eat?" You asked, he chuckled, "Kid, if your trying to have someone buy you something don't look at me." You shook your head, "Don't worry, I got some money to buy some sandwiches, or cake, man, I just noticed that I hadn't had any sweets." You hummed. 

"It's fine kid, sides, save that for college or something," He felt your gaze, having him turn to face you with those sad puppy eyes, yep, he can't say no to you. "Alright fine." You silently cheered, getting up along with him, who lead the way since you probably had no idea where you were going. "Are you the generous type?" He asked, a bit confused on why you would offer to buy him something.

"Nah, we both need some cheering up." You replied.

The Little SpeakerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara