267 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (19)

Start from the beginning

"Alright, alright, whatever you say," she said half-heartedly. "Why did you drag me in so suddenly? That scared me."

"Ah, sorry." The Great Demon King finally remembered what he wanted to ask. "Jia, I'm thinking of building a castle just for the two of us. What do you think?"

This old castle was too crowded for the Great Demon King. Any random or strange person could just approach her. If he could fortify this new castle to the fullest, her safety wouldn't be compromised and he didn't need Wen Yu to guard her. Not to mention, it would leave the two of them alone.

Of course, the last part was the most important.

Song Jia blanked. "Just the two of us? Even if you're thinking of that, what about the servants? Or the guards?"

"I could use my power to fortify it, and place inlaid defenses against intruders. As for the servants, I could do all of the work. Cooking, cleaning, doing the laundry...if it's for Jia, I want to do all of it."

He was already unsatisfied that a stranger's dishes was being eaten by her, and that her clothes were being washed by someone else. Not to mention cleaning after her! Could any random person just handle the things she had touched? No, he should be the only one!

Song Jia felt her brain hurting.

"Jinhai, you're the Great Demon King. This isn't appropriate. And we're not even married. A single man and a single woman living inside a castle, do you think that's proper?"

He looked deeply at her. "That's why...can't Jia marry me already?"

"..." In the end, it actually came back to this.

Before Song Jia could try and awkwardly change the subject, there was a respectful voice just outside the door:

"Your Majesty, urgent news just arrived from the fifth court of 『Avaritia』..."

The Great Demon King frowned in irritation. "Ignore it."

He wanted to continue talking with Song Jia, but she didn't share the same feelings as him. Her head instantly jerked up, her eyes widening in surprise.

"The fifth court?" Did something happen to Yanluo? Not to mention, the vengeful reincarnator was there!

Seeing her expression, he sighed and opened the door. His glacier-blue eyes glared at the messenger for a moment before he opened his lips and spat out a word.

"Report."

The messenger trembled in his shoes. Wuwu, this is what you get when you're bad at rock, paper, and scissors. He had gambled with his colleagues and lost, so he was the one tasked to report this piece of bad news to His Majesty.

"Your Majesty, a message just arrived from demon lord Yanluo, asking for help. Apparently, the angel you gave him had managed to escape..."

"What?"

"What!"

Two voices said at the same time.

The Great Demon King shifted his gaze towards Song Jia. The way he asked the question was mild, but hers sounded horrified. He had a hidden intention of why he handed down the angel to Yanluo, but that was something he hadn't yet gotten around to tell her.

Did she know something? Or maybe, she was interested in the angel for a different matter?

"Alright, prepare my mount. I'll go and take a look."

"Yes, Your Majesty!"

The moment the messenger left, Song Jia turned towards him.

"I want to go too."

"No, it's too dangerous. Stay here, I'll come back as soon as I can."

She raised her head stubbornly, "I want to go!"

"Jia, no. I'll tell you what happened later, just stay here."

"I'm going!"

"I said no, don't let me say it again."

A little bit of a monarch's commanding tone came out of his voice. Two pairs of eyes stared at each other, neither of them willing to back down.

The Great Demon King sighed and rubbed her head. "Stay here, I promise I won't be long."

He went out of the door, and Song Jia paused before peeking her head out. He was already a short distance away, making her purse her lips.

Stay here and let him meet the vengeful reincarnator without her?

No way!

She took a few steps forward, determined to follow, but saw that the Great Demon King suddenly stopped walking and turned around. His glacier-like eyes stared at her quietly.

Song Jia's heart hiccuped in fear. She instinctively took a step back, their gazes locked with each other.

Before she could say anything, he strode towards her, closing the distance between them in four to five steps.

He grabbed her hand and looked down at her, "Why are you so slow? If I wanted to go, I would have teleported. I was hoping for you to cling to me and tell me not to go. Next time, don't argue with me, just kiss me and block my mouth, I will definitely not be able to say anything and just agree."

"..."

As expected of the Great Demon King, his every action had a hidden scheme.

Your Majesty, do your courtiers know you are like this? Please get a cure for your BT disease already!

A/N:

Sorry for the late update _(:3 」∠)_
As you know, COVID cases are rising up. Everyday is filled with anxiety and worry. I also got busy as a result _:('' ): which made me take a break from writing for a while. I hope all of you are doing okay.

I'll keep updating, but it might not be once a week as before. Please take care everyone! Don't forget to wear a face mask and wash your hands (о''о)//