Chapter 17

"'Mione, what are you wearing tonight?" Sage asked from inside the closet as she looked through her clothes. She wasn't quite sure what kind of party the victory party was going to be and she was having trouble deciding between wearing pants or a dress, not wanting to be either over or underdressed. The party started in an hour, and Sage also didn't want to be too late.

"I hope it's that little green one you wore that one time, you looked proper fit in that," Sage heard Ginny say, presumably just having walked through the door. She could practically hear the smirk in her voice. Like brother, like sister.

"I was thinking about that one, actually," Hermione said, sounding completely oblivious to the flirtation in Ginny's voice.

Sage chuckled and smiled to herself as she looked over her dresses. That had been happening quite a bit lately - Ginny attempting to hint things at Hermione that seemed to go completely over Hermione's head. Sage couldn't really blame Ginny for not being more direct; Merlin knows what she would do if she tried to be the one to initiate something with someone.

Sage grabbed a dress off of the hook and walked out of the closet with it in hand. "What about this one?".

Ginny looked at it and smirked. "What, you trying to pull tonight, Sage?".

Sage huffed and looked at the dress. "No, I just figured that if 'Mione's going to wear a dress, I will too. And I quite like this dress."

The dress in hand was a short, scarlet-colored, silk, slip dress. It was her favorite dress because it had always fit her perfectly - excess silk scooped at the top of it yet it was tight in all the right places. It hugged her figure perfectly in the spots it needed and draped loosely in other spots.

"Yeah, you look really hot in that dress. You sure you're not trying to impress anyone tonight?" Ginny asked, a grin pulling at one of the corners of her lips.

Sage sighed. "I mean, Theo might have mentioned that he would be attending tonight."

"Aha!" Ginny said as Hermione let out a chuckle. "There it is. That makes more sense."

Sage huffed and walked over to smack her upside the head. "Shut up, that doesn't change anything. I just like the dress, is all."

"Mmhm," Ginny said, unconvinced, as Sage went to put on the dress.

Sage wasn't going to let Ginny deter her from wearing her favorite item of clothing to a party. She was wearing it for herself and herself only.

It took another full 2 hours before all of the girls were ready, mostly because once Sage decided to put more effort into her hair and makeup than she normally did, Hermione and Ginny felt obligated to do the same.

They may have been an hour late when leaving the room to head towards the common room, but at least they all looked good.

The party was in full swing when they arrived; the light of the candles replaced with colored fire (Sage assumed possibly by the work of Fred or George), heavy-bass music blasting, and air smokey. Sage assumed that they must have put some very strong silencing charms on the room because no noise could be heard until they entered the room - which was needed when hosting an ill-advised party after curfew.

The three girls all smiled at one another as they took the scene in. It wasn't as if they hadn't been to a Hogwarts party before, this particular party just happened to be a bit bigger than the ones that they had attended in the past. There were more people, louder music, and by the looks of the practically overflowing table on the other side of the room, more booze.

Ginny seemed to be thinking the same thing as Sage and yelled, "Drinks?" over the loud music.

Sage and Hermione both eagerly nodded with smiles and they pushed their way through the crowd to get to the alcohol.