Zoë nodded and Katie changed the subject. "So, only a few more months until the year ends. We have Thanksgiving, the musical, Christmas, and then New Years. Do you plan on throwing any parties Piper?"

Piper smiled and shook her head eagerly. "I was gonna throw a Thanksgiving one because I thought it would be fun, but I also wanted to have A Christmas party and a New Year Eve's party. So instead I've decided that I'll have a New Year's Eve party and mix the elements of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve into it." Everyone looked at her with confused faces. "You'll understand when the time comes."

"Fine by us." The bell rang, and we all headed to class.

-----------------

"You're distracting me."

"I-"

"You're distracting me."

"Okay, but-"

"Leo, quiet."

"Okay." I huffed as Calypso tried to pour the right amount of mixture into the tube. "I thought-"

"Leo-"

"I thought you liked me, Sunshine? What's with all the 'snappiness'?"

She laughed, but not because what I said was funny. "It doesn't matter how much I like you, I'm still gonna try to shut you up when I need to focus. Notice how I said 'try'."

"How much you like me? Does that mean you like me in some way?" She glared at me through the corner of her eye and I shutup. She then put the amount she needed into the tube and stood back to look at it. The substances didn't seem to mix, and it was filling up to the top.

"This doesn't look right."

"What gave it away?"

"Are you sure you have the right formula? Maybe the amounts are wrong or something?"

"What I put here is 100% right. I checked it over and everything! If you don't believe me you can-"

"No thanks, you're doing it for a reason. None of that mess makes any sense to me." I  chuckled and looked at the tube.

"We can ask the teacher if you want."

"Why don't we just try again instead?"

"Fine by me." She poured out the substance and started pouring things into a new tube. Automatically, it started working again. "I wonder what went wrong?"

"I personally don't care. As long as it's done and we get a fine grade, I'm okay. Thanks again, Leo."

"Anytime, Sunshine." She took the tube and our lab papers and gave it to our teacher. He eventually dismissed the class, and I followed her down the hall. "Can you slow down?"

"Now look who's the slow poke!" She smirked.

"Ha ha, I just can't stop laughing."

"Why are you following me anyways?"

"I wanna walk with you!"

"Hm." Once we reached her locker, she handed me her books and opened the door.

"Who said I wanted to hold these?"

"Who said I wanted you to follow me?" I rolled my eyes and she started putting her books away. "I guess I won't hear much from you during Thanksgiving break, huh?"

"I never said that. You have my number, after all."

"Does that mean you'll call me?"

"We'll see." She took her backpack and looked at me.

"Well, I hope you do." We fell silent and locked eyes. Calypso noticed we were doing this, laughed, and looked down. "I'm gonna go, Zoë probably waiting for me outside. Bye, Leo." She turned around and left the building.

---------------------

sorry that i didn't fully edit the last few chapters, i'm writing like 2 different new books rn

also all the characters mentioned for waystation are canon!! i didn't make them up lol

another thing, i there's like 3 chapters left in this so bewareeee

but tysm for reading, bye!!