Calypso

A few weeks passed, and it was finally October.

I had spent a ton of time with my friends, and a ton of time with Odysseus. Oh, he's something.

Most of my friends are supportive of me, but a few aren't. Those who 'aren't' were Leo and Silena.

That's right, Silena.

"What do you mean you don't trust him?" I asked as we planted a few posies in the garden.

"Listen, Calypso. I did some digging, and-"

"You stalked him?"

"No! Calypso I did not stalk him, I simply searched him up. From what I learned, he used to go to Ithaca High. He was the star player on his football team, and like, 90% of his girlfriends were cheerleaders."

"So you're saying to have a chance with him I have to be a cheerleader?"

"No, Cal! It's just, don't you see the kind of person he is?"

"Uhm... no?"

Katie groaned from behind us and headed over. "She means that he's some self-absorbed jock, Cal. He goes after pretty, well-liked girls."

"And probably breaks their hearts." Silena added.

Katie threw her hands up. "I wasn't going to say that!"

"Well I did."

"Silena!" I gasped. "You seriously don't trust him?"

"Not with my life."

"Listen, Calypso." Katie placed a hand on my shoulder. Her hand was covered with dirt, but I didn't mind. "I'm sure he's a wonderful guy. But 9 times out of 10, your friends know what's best for you."

Silena shook her head in agreement. "We-"

"Not we!"

"I'm," Silena corrected herself, glaring at Katie. "Not telling you not to date him. I'm just saying, be careful, okay? I don't want you getting hurt."

"Gods, you sound like Zoë." I moped.

"That's a good thing! It means we're close!" We all laughed, and Silena pulled all 3 of us into a huge hug.

-------

Today, I was back at school. We were in History and began researching for an assignment.

It was quiet for a while, but Will finally spoke up. "So... what's everyone doing for Halloween?"

"Silena, Calypso, and I are gonna be fairies!" Katie smiled. Travis started cracking up. "What's so funny?"

"What are you, in 3rd grade?"

Katie punched him in the arm and he immediately stopped laughing. "I bet you won't have still be laughing once you see me at the party on Halloween!"

"What party?" Hazel asked.

Piper stood up, grinning like a maniac. "On the 31st-" Hazel open her mouth to speak. "Which is a Friday, mind you." Hazel closed it again. "My dad will be away- as always. I'm gonna have a party, and you're all invited!"

"Wait," I stopped her. "Won't you get in trouble?"

Piper snorted and shook her head. "Nope, not unless someone calls the cops on us anyways."