Calypso

edit from later on: i wrote this like a month ago, and once again, my writing definitely gets better as the story goes on lol. but enjoy!

-----

"He's not going to be here." I said, taping my foot.

It had been 15 minutes since the time Leo was supposed to meet up with us and he still wasn't here.

"Di immortales!" Zoë groaned. "Will you stop complaining? You're being too impatient."

"And I have every right to be! I just wanna see the school, and go. I don't need to see that kid anymore than I did today."

Zoë stared at me. "Gods, please tell me you're not mad just because he was looking at you?"

"He wasn't just looking, he was staring!"

"Calypso," Zoë exclaimed, a sly look suddenly forming on her face. "You like him, don't you?"

"What? No, I don't-"

"Oh, Cal its fine! He is kinda cute, totally not my type but you two would be kinds cute together!"

"Zoë, stop it! I don't have a crush on that kid from our history cla- AH!" As I was arguing with Zoë, the infamous Valdez came down the hall. He stopped, panting, trying to catch his breath.

"Sorry - I - lost - track - of - time." He managed to get out.

"Its fine, we barely noticed you were late, right Calypso?" I could see a smirk on Zoë's face.

"Right." I grumbled.

"Leo Valdez," he said. "Pleased to meet you guys."

"We know who you are." I snorted.

"You do?" He looked slightly embarrassed.

"Yeah, Mr. Brunner introduced you... and your friends say your name a lot."

Leo laughed, and my heart jumped with joy. Why was I feeling like this? I had only just met this guy- Gods this did not need to be another Percy situation. I zoned out, diving deeper into my thoughts. Was Zoë right all along? Did I have a crush on this guy? Oh shut up, Calypso. You barely know him.

At last, I remembered I was in the middle of a conversation and snapped back into reality. When I did, I realized I was staring directly into Leo's eyes. He was smirking a bit, and my sister was trying to laugh.

"Um! Sorry, I-"

"And I was the one 'looking at you'- wait, I'm sorry- staring!" He chucked, finding such a amusement at my embarrassment.

With that, Zoë broke out into complete laughter.

"Gods, you heard that?" I shrieked.

"You guys were pretty loud."

I shook my head and stepped on Zoë's foot to get her to stop laughing. She coughed, and stood up straight.

"You know, I actually kind of know my way around."

"You do?" Leo and I replied at the same time.

"Yeah, Bianca showed me around." Leo and I looked at her with confusion. "What I'm trying to say is, you guys can go on without me,  I think I'll meet up with Bianca, Reyna, and Thalia."

"No!" I yelled. They both looked at me and I calmed down. "I mean.. are you sure?"

"Positive! Besides, I've missed those guys! It'd be cool hang out with them more."

"Uh, alright then. See you, Zoë."

"Bye Leo, and bye Calypso!" She said, grinning cheekily.

I couldn't believe it, she was leaving me to deal with him? From the conversations I'd seen him have with his friends, I knew I would be in for a ride.