13

I am not the man I was, lookAyy, made me a promise, I just hope you keep itI don't like to get involved with things I don't believe inI don't like to hang with people I don't trust to speak withIf you tell me that you mean it, then I hope you mean...

Ayy, made me a promise, I just hope you keep it
I don't like to get involved with things I don't believe in
I don't like to hang with people I don't trust to speak with
If you tell me that you mean it, then I hope you mean it
Yeah, feel like I don't deserve you when I hurt your feelings
I'm vulnerable, you got the keys to open all my secrets
You've always been there when I'm low to help pick up the pieces
I know I act like I don't need you yet, but lately, I've been thinking

THINKING - NF

♠️♠️♠️

E V A N D E R

We were about 10 minutes from arriving at Althea's home. The Kastellanos Manor and I could feel the anxiety radiating off of Althea in waves. She was nervous, with every reason to be.

This would be the first time she'd see her whole family in a year since the whole kidnapping and escape thing.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as she stared out the window.

We were being driven by a pack guard with another few guards in a car following. My father's idea. He said it would 'make a statement' and he was right.

She nodded, "Yes just unsure of how this will go. It could either go very well for me or not... I'm just glad you're here with me." She smiled, holding onto my hand.

I gave her a reassuring smile as we pulled up at the gates.

"Luna, who should we say is here to see him?" One of the guards asked. We had two in the car with us. One driving, and one in the passenger seat.

"Say it's his daughter." She answered and he did as told.

The matte black gates opened with a piercing screech.

"Evan, if you don't mind, I want to do all the talking. Knowing my father, he'll only speak to you and dismiss me. I want him to know I'm in charge here." She stated firmly.

"Yes boss." I answered and I saw a smile creep onto her lips.

The passenger side door and we stepped out, Althea leading the way.

I watched as a new found confidence grew on her shoulders as she led the way. Power radiating from each step she took, walking past every guard and house worker on the way. I proud grin crept into my face as she slammed the door, to what I am assuming is her father's office, open.

"Who—" he father started as he looked up.

"Hello father." She stated, coldly.

"Althea?!" He gasped, half incredulously, half in rage, "How dare you barge in here after you disgraced—"

"Enough." She interrupted him again. I could feel her father growing more and more angry with every minute.

I sat down, and that's when he noticed me, "You. You should be—"

"Dead?" Althea answered him. He looked back at her.

"Yes." He answered slyly.

Althea sat down, "I came here to tell you that you got what you wanted." She crossed a leg over the other.

I took a minute to admire how good she looked. I knew now wasn't the time but she looked so powerful. Red bottom stilettos and a white pantsuit, a red blouse to match. He's in some serious trouble.

"What? What are you talking about?" He said standing up, "You have disgraced this family beyond repair! How do you—"

I'm that moment, Althea, calm and collected grabbed my hand, and looked her father dead in the eyes.

"This, the man you tried to have killed, is Evander Leos." Her fathers mouth parted in shock, "Yes. That Leos family. You almost had him killed. Now, I fully intend to be with this man for the rest of my life, so you'll get what you want, and I get what I want. That's for sure certain, but—" she stopped, letting go of my hand and stood up.

She took a few steps and placed her hands gently on the desk while her father sat back and gulped, looking at her.

"Evan's family don't know about what you did." She spat, "and I'm sure if they were to find out, things wouldn't end well for you, either way, I'd still get what I want but you? Not so much."

"I—" he started, but Althea raised her hand swiftly, holding up one finger, silencing him.

Not looking at me, she spoke, "Evander love, do you want to tell your family about what my father did, or would you rather call it a clean slate and put him out of his misery?" She asked, still keeping an intense eye contact with her father.

I relaxed in the chair I was sitting in and clasped my hands together, enjoying seeing that asshole squirm. He looked at me, pleading me with his eyes.

"Let's call it a clean slate." I said, after a minute, putting him out of his misery.

You could hear him, audibly gasp, "Now don't think I've let you off easy. You come near me, or Evan, or his family again, and forget him being easy on you." She informed him.

"He may not want any trouble but I certainly do. I have not forgiven you for what you put me or my mother through and I won't let you forget it either." She snapped.

She stood back up and looked at me, signaling me that it was time to leave. I got up and followed behind her wordlessly.

Once we were out of earshot I stopped her, "That was so hot." I told her, pulling her closer to me.

She gave me a small smile, "Thank you." She said, looking shyly up at me.

Something inside me stirred. I moved my head to her ear.

"We should go home now before I take you, right here, right now, in front of everyone."

♠️♠️♠️