7

We could take a trip and go around the worldWouldn't really matter where we at as long as you're my girlSome say I'm crazy, but that don't faze meYou remind me of the sunshine when it's rainin'Even if it's for a minute, I forget where my pain isAn...

Wouldn't really matter where we at as long as you're my girl
Some say I'm crazy, but that don't faze me
You remind me of the sunshine when it's rainin'
Even if it's for a minute, I forget where my pain is
And that's for real, that's the way I feel
Got me feelin' so good every time you laugh
I wonder how we got here, how did this happen
I don't care, and baby girl I swear

THAT'S ALRIGHT - NF

♠️♠️♠️

E V A N D E R

We had been here a week. A week and my father had already planned every aspect of the Énarxi Pnevmatikís Zoís Ceremony all the way to the announcement of me accepting my responsibilities as future Alpha of the Pack.

(Commencement of Spiritual Life)

This wouldn't have been a problem for me but what was getting on my nerves was his lack of compassion for Althea. He'd given her a book of rules and regulations along with a long list of other tasks for her to study and do before then as he wanted to introduce her to the pack as well. All of which I thought was too soon and to make matters worse, he insisted on having her family there too. More so her father. Something I would not allow him to say in front of Althea.

And my mate being the dedicated person she is, is taking all of it on the chin. She starts early and finishes late, meeting with all different kinds of important people within the pack and every time I tried to ask her to take a break from it all, she'd tell me 'No, not now. Maybe later. I have to be perfect, I can't let your father or the pack down. I don't want them to think I'm weak or not worthy.' and that would be all I'd get from her.

She was slowly wearing herself out and I could feel it. I just didn't know how to get her to listen to me. It made me furious, thinking that she wasn't properly taking care of herself just to try and please people who wouldn't always be satisfied with her best. I'd grown up here so I learnt this lesson pretty soon but Althea isn't used to this.

I headed downstairs and into the living room which we now called ours and found Althea sat on the floor. She'd pushed the sofa and the coffee table to the sides and had books and papers sprawled out all over the floor.

She hadn't noticed me since her back was turned and from what I could see, she was writing down notes, highlighting and rewriting out different runes and symbols; some of which I didn't even know existed.

"Althea?" I gently called out to her.

She jumped a little and turned around. I frowned at the sight. My mate was clearly exhausted and overworking herself and by the look on her face, she could tell just what I was thinking.

"Before you say anything," she began as a sticky note fell off her chin, "I was gonna take a break but then your father sent someone with all these materials about runes and spells and stuff that healers and seers can use to help heal wolves and stuff..."

She began moving some papers around, frantically searching for something, "I found this old text about humans who... they, if you just look-" She began becoming a little breathless, her eyes fluttering, "I can-" 

I saw it coming before it happened and lunged forward to catch her head before it hit the ground.

"Althea? Are you alright?" I asked frantically as her eyes fluttered. She looked horrible. Pale, dark circles under her eyes.

She mumbled incoherently. I picked her up and took her to our room while mind linking the pack doctor.

"Why my love?" I groaned to myself.

She stirred, "I wanted to be stronger, for you and... the pack..." I hushed her and I laid her gently on the bed and waited impatiently for the pack doctor to arrive.

I couldn't understand her new found desperation to be stronger. Her being human and me being supernatural was not something that ever came up for us I don't think and even if it did, surely she knows I love her regardless?

...Right? 

♠️♠️♠️