8

Once you put some money in the bankYou understand that the money ain't enough for youYeah, look what it's done to youEveryone's your friend when the music start buzzin'I'm closer to the people that were there when I was nothin'Tryna talk about the...

You understand that the money ain't enough for you
Yeah, look what it's done to you
Everyone's your friend when the music start buzzin'
I'm closer to the people that were there when I was nothin'
Tryna talk about the past but you always changin' subject
I ain't good at shakin' hands but I'm good at holdin' grudges
Why you always frontin', huh?
Always tryna play wit' me (woo)Yeah, whatchu gotta say to me?
I am not a slave to the people writin' checks to me
This is destiny, they ain't never had respect for me, ah!

3 A.M - NF

♠️♠️♠️

A L T H E A

I woke up with a pounding headache but admittedly feeling better than I had done for the past week... despite the headache and all. I looked around and found myself in our room. My eyes were blurry at first, a blue hue over them before they cleared up. My throat felt dry and hoarse as if I'd been screaming. 

Sitting up, I tried to remember the events of the past few hours but nothing. "Maybe I'm just a bit groggy..." I say to myself in reassurance. 

I push myself off the bed with much more effort than I anticipated and made my way to the bathroom. I turned on the tap and splashed my face with cold water, still feeling disoriented. I rubbed my face and glanced at my face in the mirror before doing a double take before I screamed, as much as my voice would let me.

I gasped and got closer to the mirror, still panicking. My eyes had glossed over and were completely dark. They looked dark blue,  almost black. I screamed again, just as the bathroom door burst open, revealing Evander's concerned and panicked expression.

"Althea?!" His eyes widened as he saw me.

"What is happening to me?!" I screamed yet again, feeling tears pour down my cheeks. I looked at myself again and that same gloss on my eyes was now dripping down my face in the form of tears.

The room began to spin and the last thing I saw was Evan running towards me, calling my name as everything went blank.

♠️

I woke up again, my head throbbing. My vision was blurry as I looked around although I could still identify that I was not at home. Panicked I sat up, blinking frantically, trying to focus my eyes. As I looked around, I saw that I was in what looked like some sort of hut. My breathing increases, as I desperately search for Evan. I could hear muffled voices from past some sort of tarp in the doorway. I couldn't make out what they were saying; everything sounded fuzzy.

"Evan?" I called out nervously.

Someone rushed through the tarp and knelt beside me. My vision cleared up.

"You're okay!" I heard him speak from beside me. "I'm so glad you're okay. You had me so worried baby." He panted as he joined me on the bed before pulling me into him.

"What happened?" I asked, slightly pulling away.

I suddenly felt a shock as he pulled away from me and coldly spoke, "Althea, we need to talk." He stated.

I felt myself get small. Why was he suddenly being so cold? His body stiffened, his face became void of emotion and my heart sank. What was going on?

He spoke up, "Who gave you that book of runes?" He asked.

I shook my head, "One of your father's advisors. I saw your father pass it to him, before he gave it to me hours later. Evan why? What's going on?" I asked him, beginning to feel sick.

He sighed, getting more tense at my answer. After a long silence, his shoulders slightly relaxed, "Althea, when you studied that book and copied out runes, you activated something that all humans have. It's called I Sfaíra or The Orb. It allows humans to access supernatural powers, magic and-"

(The Orb)

I cut him off knowing exactly where this was going, "Changes their form." He looked at me stunned before continuing.

"Yes. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, The Orb is limited for most humans and you could only access small, lesser powers."

"Most humans?" I asked.

He stiffened again, "Your bond- Our bond makes you different. Your Orb is stronger, hence why you reacted like that to its activation. Althea, you're not gonna be the same again." He came closer to me for the first time since the beginning of this revelation.

"Your senses are gonna be enhanced and every time you use magic or anything like that, your eyes are gonna turn that dark blue like before just not your whole eye. You are Aithérios."

(Ethereal)

I sat back taking in all the information. This was good, but part of me couldn't help but feel guilty from the way Evan was looking at me. I couldn't decipher what he was feeling but for now, all I knew was that I was gonna be stronger.

I was going to be worthy of being called Luna of this Pack and I was ready for whatever would be thrown at me.

♠️