Not your time yet (Part 2) - 🌈💙📌

Depuis le début

"No, probably not."

I looked up and saw Professor Red, and I smiled. "I'm not staying in this bed for weeks, Red. I'm sure it'll be fine." I said sarcastically, and he sighed. I saw him smile though, and I chuckled.

He walked over and sat next to me, hugging me. It took me by surprise, since I didn't think he was one for the whole hugging thing, but I hugged him back when I noticed he was upset.
"Red.?"

He sighed, tightening his grip whilst being careful of my bandaged wounds. "Idiot." He muttered, and I sighed. "I'm glad you protected him, but even so. I wasn't certain you'd make it, I was.. I was worried about you, Blue."

Okay, now I wasn't expecting that.

I buried my head in his chest, and he smiled gently. "I'm sorry Red, but I'll do anything to keep him safe. I'd probably do the same for you. And, I didn't actually think I'd hear from you again."

He just held me for a while, and I allowed him to. It was oddly comforting.

He sighed, pulling away. "If you want to try walking, at least let me help." He muttered, and I nodded.

He stood up, offering me a hand up which I took. I barely stood up for a second when I stumbled, and Red caught me. "I'm resisting the urge to say told you so." He murmured, gently pushing me away and wrapping an arm around my torso incase I fall.

I hesitantly took a step forward, getting nervous and gripping onto Red. He gave me a confused glance, and I muttered an apology. "It's fine, are you okay?"

I said nothing, just blushing in embarrassment for what I was about to say. He tilted his head, and I sighed. "I- Uh- I'm scared-" I stuttered out, and he laughed quietly.

Stepping closer to me, he was basically holding me. "There, now are you okay?" He asked, and I huffed as I nodded. He smiled, and I took another step forward. "It feels like I've never used my legs before.." I said quietly, and he gave me a sympathetic look. "Probably a side effect of the injuries inflicted on you." He reassured, and I nodded.

After around ten minutes of trying to walk, I eventually did it. I was kinda weary, but at least I could do it.
Red smiled, and then told me to be carful. I was confused until I felt someone engulfing me in a hug that almost knocked me over.

I looked down and smiled, wrapping my arms around the smaller Steve. "Hey Rain," I said softly, and he buried his head in my chest. "I'm sorry.." he muttered, and I felt his tears getting my shirt wet. I held him closer, rubbing small circles on his back. I rested my head on his as he continued to cry, letting out soft whimpers.

"It's okay Rain, it's not your fault. It was my choice to protect you, therefore it's my own fault, alright?" I reassured him, and it seemed to work.
Professor Red walked over and told me how he had a breakdown whilst explaining what happened, and how he cried himself to sleep.

I carefully picked Rainbow up, despite getting a look from the Professor which said 'You really shouldn't be doing that, but I'm not going to stop you'.
I carried him to the bed I was lay in, and gently put him down. "You didn't sleep much last night, did you?" I asked softly, and he nodded no.

Professor Red walked over as I sat next to Rain. "He's alright now Rainbow, you can rest." He told him, but Rainbow refused. "No, what if something happens when I'm asleep?" He muttered, and my heart broke hearing how scared he was.

I was silent for a minute, before I lay next to Rainbow and wrapped my arms around him. "Nothing can happen if I'm right next to you, can it?"
Rainbow whined, snuggling into my chest, and I smiled. Red chuckled, and just sat next to us.

Eventually Rainbow fell asleep, and I was also feeling tired. "You can rest as well, Blue." Professor Red insisted, and I muttered something about saying 'no'.

He sighed, giving up and lying next to me. "I swear to god, Blue." He muttered, and I was surprised. I mean, I didn't mind, but Red was acting unusually nice. He pulled the sheets over the three of us, and wrapped his arms around me.

Rainbow was in the far side of the bed, facing towards me and cuddling into me. I was in the middle, my arms were around him, and I was facing towards him. Red had lay down beside me, facing towards me and Rainbow and he was hugging me from behind.

I smiled, humming in appreciation.

Eventually, I gave in and fell asleep.

Red fell asleep soon after, and we stayed like that until next morning.

                     ~🌿🍀A/N🍀🌿~

Welp.
Two parts; that's a first.

I actually asked my friend AriaGuardian about this, and they said I'd be better off splitting this into two parts.
The original chapter I wrote was over 3000 words-
Yeah, a lot, I know TwT

But does this make up for less updates?
XD

Have a wonderful rest of your day or night, and I'll see you in the next chapter!
Bye!

Word Count: 1552
<3
Word Count for both parts: 3381
<3