The Office

Jason's POV

  I think Amber has been ignoring me since the last time I saw her. When I see her in front of her house she immediately walks back inside and closes the door. I miss her. My heart breaks knowing that I hurt her.

   I walk into the office, it's packed. I work as an attorney in the Sloan's firm. I was hired here about a 2 years ago and there's never a slow day. As I walk into my office someone taps on my shoulder. Amelia, she's been an intern here for a few months now. "Good morning sir, there's someone here who has an intern interview with you", she says with a big smile on her face, as always. I put my briefcase down and settle down at my desk. "Send them in" I tell her as I open a folder with a new case. I was solely focused on the folder that I didn't notice the person who walked into my office. Amber. She is wearing a black tight skirt with a red turtleneck that wraps around her body tightly, bringing out her curves. "Uhh.. I'm sorry, I think I walked into the wrong office", she says looking down at the floor. I could tell that she wanted to just run out of here but it was just so nice to see her. "No, you're in the right one. I didn't know that you had a interest in law" I tell her feeling dumb that I didn't know that she was also interested in law. "Yea.. my mom worked as a lawyer for sometime and she would bring me to her office with her, I loved it. The way things were run around there, the way she spoke with authority while practicing what she would say at trial", she tells me but I can see in her eyes that she regretted saying so much. I could listen to her all day though. I slowly get up from my chair and walk to the windows closing the shades.