Twenty-Three

After our, well, time in the elevator, we both headed into Harry's apartment completely spent. For about an hour. Until we got horny and fucked again. And again. But then that was it, we truly were dead after that.

We had food and a shower then cuddled in bed.

Both of us seemed to completely forget about the events of the day and only now when we are cuddling in bed do we both seem to reflect on it all.

"What are you going to do about the note?" I ask, peering up at Harry from my spot leaning on his chest. We're both naked wrapped in the sheets, my body is leant half on Harry with my arm around his waist and leg hooked over his hip. He has one arm around me, stroking my side that keeps sending goosebumps all over my body and then the other is lying on my thigh, casually squeezing and massaging the flesh.

He looks down at me, breaking from the TV that is still playing Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Harry really likes it, although he argues the fact he isn't like Holt but I guess we agree to disagree.

"I texted the boys at the time and sent them a picture but I've been a bit occupied-" he reaches down and pinches my ass which makes me squeal and he laughs. "-by a certain someone so I haven't got them caught up on everything yet."

"Am I safe?" The words come out breathy as a moment of fear strikes me. Now the adrenaline is over, I don't feel safe. I mean yes in Harry's arms I feel the safest ever, actually as safe as I do in my family home but outside of these four walls, I'm scared the anxiety of leaving my safe space is going to be overwhelming.

Harry must sense it because the hand on my thigh, rises to hold the side of my head, his thumb stroking my cheek and I flutter my eyes closed.

"I won't let anything happen to you. Ever. You hear me, baby?" He whispers, his lips so close to mine.

"I hear you." I gulp and nod my head.

"Good, you've gotta trust me." He places a soft kiss on my swollen lips from how much kissing we've already done today and tonight.

"I do, with my whole life." I nod my head again, leaning forward to place another kiss on his lips.

"Who do you think it was following us though? The same as whoever left the note?" I ask.

"I doubt it. the note seems personal to you and the car chase, well I think it's to do with me."

"Who do you think it is then?"

"Zur, I don't want to get you involved in my mess. Just know that I will sort it." He seems short with me and I want to get the huff with him too but after today, I really don't. I'll let him have his way now but I won't let this go. I will find out what he knows.

"Will you tell me one day?" I murmur, trying to catch his eyes as he has moved to look back at the TV.

"One day." He murmurs back and I take it that that is the best I'm going to get.

For now.

The next morning, we both woke bright and early as Harry had lots he needed to get done considering what happened yesterday. His phone kept buzzing all night and he silenced it, dropping Niall a text saying he will update him tomorrow.

So today.

He dropped me off at work with a kiss and a see you later.

But I didn't see him later. He actually sent Zayn to pick me up, without Niall. It was nice speaking with Zayn and getting to know him more. I asked about the djing and rapping he did at Verbatim. He said how he and Liam were kind of famous in the whole scene although he hated the attention that came from it. Well with the ladies he didn't mind but with other gang members, he wasn't big on the whole 'oh my god you're a huge inspiration to me' because he doesn't know what to say back.