19; girl meets Lauren

Delilah was taking a walk when she crossed paths with Cory

Delilah was taking a walk when she crossed paths with Cory. She tried to avoid him, but he grabbed her arm.

"Lilah, please listen to me."

"Cory, I'm sorry, but I don't want to." She tried to leave but he stopped her again.

"Lauren came today," Cory started and Delilah listened, though she didn't want to, "Topanga told me go out with her, to find out how I feel, but I don't know what to do."

"Why are you asking for my advice?" Delilah asked in confusion.

"Because no one knows Topanga better than you do, and no one loves her as much as you do." He paused, "Not even me."

"Cory I-" she stopped, "Topanga doesn't want to talk about you." She paused, "For the first time, Cory, I have no idea of how she's feeling. What I do know, is that I understand you ."

"You do?"

"You've been in love for seventeen years, and suddenly, a girl appears and you have a similar feeling to the one you had when you met Topanga." She started, "You doubt, and think that maybe, you haven't met enough girls." She paused and looked at him. "You're confused, and you need to figure out your feelings, but while you do so," she took a deep breath before finishing the sentence.

"What? While I do so what?" Cory asked.

"Stay away from Topanga."

•••

"Can you stop for a second and sit down?" Jack told Delilah, who was anxiously pacing around her boyfriend's room.

"My little sister is getting hurt and I can't protect her." She said, "I'm a failure!"

"Delilah, please, sit down."

"Cory is out there with another girl while Topanga is broken, and I can do nothing about it!" She continued.

"I said sit!" He grabbed arm and forced her to sit next to him. "Topanga is a strong girl, she's going to be just fine."

"How do you know that? You barely know her."

"I know her enough to know she's just as strong as you are. And as long as she has you, she will be safe." Jack talked with a smile and Delilah sighed.

"I want to kill Cory." She said letting herself fall on the mattress, laying down looking at the ceiling.

"May I offer you my help?" Jack did the same as her.