15; girl meets Christmas

It was Christmas, and Delilah was happy to be able to spend it with Jack and Shawn

It was Christmas, and Delilah was happy to be able to spend it with Jack and Shawn. She knew it was going to be a little complicated to make it all work, but at least they'd be together.

The trio was in the living room. Delilah cuddled the gray hairy ball, while the brother's put up some Christmas decorations.

"So, Jack, how do you usually spend your Christmas?" Shawn asked as he put the Christmas tree base on the living room table and sat next to it.

"We usually go to Val D'yssere and ski the french alps." Jack answered placing the small tree on the base, "How about you?" He looked at his brother.

"Well, those of us in the trailer park just like to thank God for all we have this time of year." Shawn answered making the older one stare at him and the girl chuckle.

"We pray on the plane." Jack talked.

"Ok, two brothers, not a whole lot in common." Shawn talked awkwardly.

"Nothing alike whatsoever." Jack continued, "So how should we celebrate Christmas?" He asked with a little confusion in his tone.

"I don't think it's important what we do," Shawn started, "as long as we do it together."

"So what do we do?" Jack repeated.

"Come on guys, we don't need much to have fun," Delilah complained , "and you should know that." She pointed at Shawn.

"You know, when I was a kid," he paused, "I used to wonder what it'd be like to celebrate Christmas with my brother." Shawn looked at Jack softly, "Now I'm gonna get that chance." He smiled, "This is going to be the best Christmas ever."

Delilah looked at them with a wide smile, happy that they were finally getting along.

"So," Jack started, "what do you want to do?"

"I can't believe this." The girl muttered to herself as she left her head fall backwards. "Why don't you go out and have dinner?" Delilah suggested.

"Yeah, that's a good idea." Shawn smiled at his brother.

"I like that." The older agreed and they began to take their stuff.

"You coming?" Jack asked the girl and she shook her head lightly.

"You go and have fun." She smiled at him and he smiled back before bending down and pecking her lips.

Delilah sighed as they closed the door and looked at Shelly.

"Don't look at me like that," she told the cat and looked at the the door. "they need some brother time."

•••

"Good morning" Delilah greeted her boyfriend as he walked down the stairs.

"Morning" he gave her a kiss and sat on a stool. "What are you doing?"