12; girl meets Thanksgiving

"Yes, mother, I completely understand

"Yes, mother, I completely understand. "Jack talked over the phone as Eric read the newspaper and Delilah watched TV. "Have fun on your cruise. Love to dad, bye."

Delilah glanced at him sadly as he hung up the phone. After the kiss, they went to sleep and didn't talk about it at all.

"Looks like I'm going to be alone for Thanksgiving." He said and picked Shelly Kelly Cat up from the floor, caressing him.

"Yeah, that's kinda sad." Eric said glancing at him and standing up and walking to the fridge.

"Maybe I could join you and your family for Thanksgiving." Jack followed him.

"No." Eric answered quickly and opened the fridge. "Well, it's just, you know, I don't know if they want a chance inviting anybody else over after last year." He started, "We had Feeny over. He ate all the white meat." He took bread, peanut butter and some cereal.

"I guess I'll just stay here and order pizza or something." Jack tried to manipulate Eric.

"That's great! So you're covered." Eric answered with a smile as he started preparing a sandwich.

"Eric!" Delilah scolded him.

"I'm kidding," he chuckled, "I love needling you." He told Jack.

"Look, Jack, if you want, maybe I could cancel my parent's dinner and stay here." Delilh offered.

"Yes," Eric started, "We could have Thanksgiving here."

"Eric, it's us. We could ruin Thanksgiving for a lot of people."

•••

It was two days before Thanksgiving. The guys were stressed and Alan's story about his father just added more pressure.

"Hey, " Delilah entered the balcony and saw Jack sitting on the flor with his back against the glass with the cat on his lap. He really bonded with the animal.

"Hi," he tried to smile at her.

"Look," She sat next to him, "I know you are stressed, and this will probably be a disaster." She paused and he stared at her, "But we're all going to be together. That's what matters. That's what makes us all friends. That we're there."

"Have i ever told you how wise you are?" Jack asked with a smile, making her smile, too. "This is my first Thanksgiving without my parents. I'm scared." He looked at the sky.

"Well, if it helps, this is my first Thanksgiving without my parents, too." She looked at him and he smiled. "It's going to be fine." She took his hand and he looked at them.

"I'm sure it will." He smiled at her and intertwined their fingers.

•••

"It's Thanksgiving and all we have is an easter basket and Santa Claus." Jack talked as he grabbed some kitchen paper and stepped towards the sofa without cutting it, dragging the paper around before taking a piece.

"My dad's going to kill you!"

"I told you we would ruin Thanksgiving for everybody."

"It's all right! I got it." Eric said. "I spend a few nights in the hospital and they'll forget about it. Hit me."

"What?"

"Hit me, bust me in the nose!" Eric demanded.

"Eric that's a stupid idea." Delilah said.

"You know what? You're right. I'll hit you." Eric told Jack and tried to punch him.

"What the--"

"Come on, face or gut?"

"How about no one hurts anyone?" Delilah got in the middle.

Then, they heard the door pounding.

"Just a second!" Eric shouted, "I'm sorry buddy"

"Come in!" Jack shouted before Eric could hit him.

Then, The Matthews, Topanga, Shawn with his date, and Feeny entered the apartment with food.

"Hey! They found our Turkey!" Eric pretended.

"You thought we believed you could pull this off on your own?" Alan asked mockingly.

"You guys can't even make toast!" Mirgan chuckled.

"Do you at least have clean dishes?" Amy asked and Eric and Delilah smiled.

"No." They talked in unison.

"I'll carve the meat!" Feeny talked, "Everybody wants dark meat, right?"

"No!" The group shouted and started chattering.

"See," Delilah smiled at Jack, "It's all coming together nicely." She said and he smiled back.

"It sure is."

"Before we sit down." Shawn talked making everyone look at him, "I'd like to say thanks for all the good things that have happened to us." He looked at his date. "And to me." He smiled. "Jack, Eric, Delilah, this is Angela, my girlfriend."

"Is she the purse girl?" Delilah asked

"She is indeed." He walked closer to the older girl. "I faced my fear and took the chance. Why don't you do the same?"

Delilah sighed and glanced over at Jack with a smile.

"I will."