11; girl meets Family

A really big test was coming, and the trio was quite anxious about it

A really big test was coming, and the trio was quite anxious about it. While Jack helped Eric study, Delilah found herself in her usual spot in the stairs with her books.

"All right, here's an easy one: the louisiana purchase?" Jack asked from the sofa as Eric paced through the living room.

"I don't know! Stop hounding me!" Eric shouted at Jack.

"Come on, man. 2 guys?" Jack tried to jelp his friend. "1800s? Lewis and..."

"Lewis." Eric answered and made a pause, making the girl look at him. "The Lewis twins."

"Wh--" The girl started talking but stopped herself and kept studying.

"Oh, man. Who am I kidding? I don't belong in college." Eric said in defeat.

"Hey! Don't say that, you know it's not true, Eric." Delilah looked at him softly.

"Just hit the books a little harder. I'll be right back and we'll try it again, ok?" Jack stood uo and left.

"I'm going to take a break." Delilah took her stuff and walked to her room.

When she ws about to open the door, Jack wlaked out of the bathroom and smiled at her.

"How you doing with the test?" He asked.

"Good I guess, I've been studying for a while now." She answered. "I'm just going to take a break." She finished and he nodded before walking to the living room.

She entered her room and set her book on her desk. As she did, she noticed how desorganizar it was, so she started putting everything in order.

"I never undertood why you bought a desk if you don't use it." Jack talks from the doorframe.

"What do you mean?" Delilah chuckled.

"You study in the stairs for some reason. Just so that you know, it's dangerous." Jack joked.

"It is not!"

"Tell that to my bruised ankle!" Jack shouted in a joking way.

"Yeah, sorry about that." She smiled awkwardly.

"Anyway, Eric left. He said Feeny was taking him to the library. Which is weird, because Feeny hasn't been here." Jack frowned.

"Is he hallucinating again?" The girl asked.

"Anyway, I thought we could watch a movie or something. To spend some time together." Jack offered and Delilah smiled.

"Sure, why not."

•••

The movie was almost over, but Jack had been asleep for a while. Delilah watched the TV as she stole some glances at the sleeping boy, who had Shelly Kelly Cat on his lap, sleeping too.

He looked so calm, it made her feel like home.

"Hello!" Shawn entered the apartment loudly.

"Could you stay quiet?" Delilah whispered gesturing to the sleeping boy.

"Oh, your lover boy is sleeping." Shawn mocked her.

"Shut up, kid." She talked back and kept watching the movie.

"Are going to keep pretending you don't like him?" Shawn asked and she rolled her eyes.

"I don't." She lied.

"You do you." Shawn said and walked to his room.

Suddenly, Jack shifted in his place and moved closer to her, still sleeping. After a few second, he rested his head on the girl's shoulder, startling her.

"Shit."

•••

Delilah smiled as she looked at herself in the mirror. She got an A, she was happy. She was also excited for Eric, who had a B. She stepped out of the bathroom and heard Jack talk.

"Mr... Fenny?" He called awkwardly. "Mr Feeny, are you here, sir?"

Delilah stood on the hallway doorframe in confusion.

"It's, uh, it's me Jack. Eric's friend." He opened the front door and looked outside but closed again. "Look, I know you're not my mentor, but I just got beat by Eric on a test. That's just plain wrong." He complaind.

Eric then approached the girl from his room and looked at Jack too.

"So, if you could, sir, begin." He paused, "I'm ready to learn." He opened his arms.

"Jack," Eric called him and he looked at the pair uncomfortably. "He's not there."

"He's not?"

"No." Delilah answered.

"He's on the balcony!" Eric exclaimed with a smile.

"What?"

•••

"So... When are you going to ask Jack out?" Shawn asked Delilah.

"Never." She answered casually.

"Come on! You'd be a great couple. The man's head over heels for you." Shawn said and the the girl rolled her eyes.

Shawn and Delilah sat on the sofa watching TV when the phone rang.

"I'll take it." Shawn stood uo and answered. "Hi? Yeah, that's me. Really? Sure! See ya."

"Who was it?"

"The purse girl, she wants to meet at Chubbie's." He walked back to the sofa.

"That's great!" Delilah smiled at him.

"I don't know if I should go."

"So, you're trying to rush me into a relationship I'm not even sure I want, but you don't know if you should meet the girl you know you like?" Delilah asked and he sighed.

"I'm going yo Cory's."

•••

"Do you know what happens to Shawn?" Jack asked Delilah as he entered her room with Shelly Kelly Cat on his arms.

"The girl he liked has a boyfriend." The girl answered and stared at Jack.

"Must hurt. I didn't even know he liked a girl." Jack sat on the girl's bed and set the cat down.

"Hey, be patient. He'll open up." Delilah sat next to him.

"I don't feel like a good brother." He whispered.

"You're trying your best, that's what matters, and Shawn knows that." Delilah smiled at him and he looked at her.

"Thanks." He smiled. "Also, thanks for taking care of him all these years."

"He's family." She simply said and then looked at Jack.

They stared at each other for a few seconds and then Jack leaned closer and kissed her.

Delilah answered the kiss immediately, placing her hand on his neck and moving her lips against his. Jack grabbed the girl's waist and then, they broke the kiss.

After a few seconds, they noticed Shawn standing on the doorframe with a wide smile, anf then, he shouted.

"Sisters!"